Everything You Need to Know about 'Idea / Category Subscription'!
Getting Started - Enabling the option
- To enable idea and/or category subscription, the administrator must make sure the option is enabled first in WebStorm Setup:
- WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas --> Enable Category and Idea Subscription
- Users can subscribe to ideas and or category in the View Ideas page simply by selecting the envelope icon and selecting either idea or category next to the idea.
- If the user subscribes to an idea, the user will receive an email when:
- Status of the idea is changed
- A comment is made on the idea
- A comment is edited on the idea
- WebStorm of the idea is changed
- If a user subscribes to a category, the user will receive an email when:
- New idea has been submitted to that category - will trigger the 'New Idea Category Alert' template
- New comments to ideas under a category. - will trigger the 'New Comment on Subscribed Idea' template
- The user can subscribe to idea/category alerts by clicking on the "Envelope" icon on the idea page.
- The user can easily revert their subscription by un-checking the selection on the idea page
Important Things to Note:
- "Enable category and idea subscription" must be enabled in WebStorm Setup --> Site --> Ideas --> Components for this to work for all users
- Please note that the new view idea page has a polished and updated user interface: