Everything You Need to Know about 'Category Alerts'!
- To enable, the administrator must navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas --> Enable Category Alert Lists
- Once enabled, navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Categories
- Select "Alert" for the appropriate category.
- The administrator will have to add and remove manually all users he/she wants to be part of that category alert.
- The administrator can search by email or screen name to find and select.
- Everytime a new idea is submitted under that category, an email will be sent to those subscribed.
- It will inherit the WebStorm level "New Idea Category Alert" template
- If the admin is using the same categories on different WebStorms - he/she will need to setup the triggers separately on other WebStorms.
- Each alert setup is respective to it's own WebStorm settings.
- With category alerts, the idea submitter will not receive an email.
- They will however receive the submission confirmation email.
- Do not confuse this feature with normal user voluntary subscription option which is noted here
Important things to Note:
- Users who have not yet registered or logged in, who are added as idea category alert members, will receive the email prior to any activity.
- Therefore, please try to set up active users only with category alerts.
- If an admin moves an idea from Category A to Category B - it will not trigger a "New Category Alert" email.
- There is no mass upload of category alerts or reporting of who is subscribed.
- Users here do not receive alerts if any idea's categories or statuses are changed.
- i.e. if Admin A was member for Category A, and an idea's category was changed from Category B to Category A, Admin A would not receive an alert.