How does an administrator edit Brightidea's email templates?
- Navigate to WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Site --> System Email Messages
- Once there, the administrator will see a drop-down menu (WebStorm & Switchboard).
- Under these two categories he/she will find templates for every instance our software sends an automated email.
These templates can be customized accordingly.
Edit Message - Disable or Enable the email template:
- The first check-box labeled “Enable [template name here]” system message” is on by default.
- Un‐checking this box will allow the admin to turn off this template.
- With this feature, individual email templates can be deactivated on a per WebStorm basis.
- Dynamic fields are used in order to display information that’s constantly changing.
- For instance, if you would want to display a user’s (screen name, first name or last name), find the field you would like to display in your email (from the dropdown menu) ‐> place the cursor in the area of the body where you want the field to be placed ‐> click the “Insert” button
Subject & Body
- Just as the administrator would write an email, the subject displays the subject of your email and the body is the content.
- Remember: The administrator can place dynamic fields in both the subject and body.
- We already have default templates in place but we encourage you to customize them to your preference as these emails are being sent to everyone in your organization.
- See this Email Templates Guide for more information:
Inserting an Image
- Insert an image by clicking on the "Insert/Edit Image" icon.
- The image must be hosted somewhere on the internet, you can't attach a local file from your computer.
- The administrator can use the Brightidea image library to upload the image first.
- Input the image URL and select "Insert":
- The image will be added to the email template, click "Save" before leaving the page.