This feature will allow the IPM/Administrator to:
- Set the number of votes/chips per person
- Set the maximum number of votes (or chips) per idea
- Set a series of idea statuses where chips are returned.
- Therefore, if you gave two chips to an idea - and then it is "approved" - you can get those chips back.
- Chips Voting is found on the WebStorm level under WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Voting
- Warning: If an administrator changes a WebStorm from a default up and down voting to chips voting - it will reset all votes in that WebStorm to zero. Please try to set chips voting at the start of a new WebStorm, or understand that prior votes for that WebStorm will be lost.
- Please note that with Chips voting enabled, it will not show who voted in normal voting scheme.
- With Chips Voting enabled, the admin will need to add the "My Voting Chips Widget" to your page(s) from the widget drop-down menu.
- This widget allows the user to keep track of their chips being dealt out.
- The widget contains a counter of outstanding votes, and allows the user to recall all the dealt out "chips" (Return all of my votes) so the user can re-vote on any idea they wish.
Using Chips Voting
- When Chips voting is enabled - it will allow all users to place chips on all or any ideas.
- If limit is set - the system will prompt the user on the maximum amount he/she can delegate.
- The user is able to edit their chip allotment at any time post voting using the "Edit Chips" feature on the vote count.
Important things to Note:
- Please download the "Download All Ideas" report to show how many chips each idea has been allotted. This will only work on the WebStorm level.
- Chips cannot be shared across WebStorms, they are only contained within one WebStorm only.
- At this time, chips are associated with ideas, not users - so there is not an out of box report to relate chips to users - please speak to your Brightidea representative if you have questions or concerns with this.
- To explain the relationship between chips voting and reputation points - please refer to this article
- To explain the relationship between chips voting and "Votes of Support"/ "Total Points" metrics - refer to this article.
- Chip votes can also be exported and viewed in your WebStorms via WebStorm Admin and Pipeline Management Idea List.