How do I reset or create a password for a user as an administrator?
In Brightidea, you as an administrator have two options to set a users' password.
The following can be done in both WebStorm and Enterprise setup:
Option 1) Create a new account entirely as Administrator
- Navigate to Setup --> Users --> Manage and select "New Account"
- Enter in "Login Name" & "Email" and select "Create"
- A new user will need to set their password once they get an email notification to login.
Option 2) Triggering a password reset as Administrator
- Navigate to WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Users --> Manage
- Search for a user and select their name.
- Once you get into the user menu, you can trigger a password reset email to your user by selecting "Reset Password"
- It will trigger an email to the user to reset their password.
Resetting Password as the End User
- Alternatively, the end user(s) can always perform a password reset themselves.
- If they forget their password, they have the option to click "forgot password?" from the Brightidea login screen:
- This will send an email asking them to change their password
- Once the password has been successfully changed - it will log them in automatically.