Hiding Submissions provides an easy and quick way for Admins to shield any idea(s) from their Users for any reason. It is very simple to do, and undo! Please see the details below.
Hiding Submissions via View Submission Page
When an Admin is logged into an Initiative, they will see an icon labeled "Change Visibility" on the View Idea page.
Toggling this option will provide Admins the choice between choosing "Hidden" or "Visible".
Hiding Submissions from Pipeline
In Pipeline Steps View or List View, Admins can easily set the Visibility of Submissions by highlighting the appropriate ideas and selecting "Change Visibility" from the Actions menu.
Viewing which Submissions are hidden
Using the View Idea Page, Admins can see if a Submission is hidden. If it says "This (idea) is hidden" then the admin knows it is hidden.
Within the Pipeline Steps View, Admins can see which Submissions are hidden or visible by locating the "non-visible" symbol. This symbol indicates that the Submission is hidden.
Within the Pipeline List View, Admins can see which Submissions are hidden or visible within the 'Visible' column. These will be marked as True (for Visible) or False (for Hidden).
Leveraging Brightidea's API can also give Admins a clearer report of which Submissions are hidden.
Hiding on Submission
Submissions can be hidden automatically when created if the option "Hide ideas after submission" is enabled. This feature can only be enabled in Site Setup > Ideas > "Hide Ideas After Submission" option.
Once enabled, Admins would need to manually un-hide submissions, or set up a Rule in Rules Engine, in order to make them visible to all end users.
Important Things to Note:
- When hiding a Submission - any Attachment(s) will ALSO BE HIDDEN to End-Users. However, Admins will still have access to the hidden Submission and Attachment.
- No email alert is sent to the Submitter when and if an Admin hides their Submission.
- Once the Admin hides a Submission - It will NOT show on the updates widgets for End-Users.
- Tags of Submissions that are hidden don't show in the Tag Cloud.
- If another submission that is not hidden has the same tag, only that submission will be visible on the submission view page with tag filter.
- There is no accessible report or log of the toggle visibility activity.
- All submissions, hidden or not, reflect in respective Initiative and Enterprise reports.
- Statistics will accumulate regardless of any submissions hidden or not.
When ideia is hidden, email notification messages are still sent to the idea followers/authors?
Emails will still be sent regardless- yes.
When enable "hide ideas after submission", will system still can check the duplicates when typing a new ideation in title among those hidden submission?
I have the same question as Samuel.Pi has listed above.
The duplicate checker will not include hidden ideas when it searches for duplicate on idea submission.
If you hide the ideas upon submission, and later want evaluators to review them (e.g. nomination process), do you have to unhide all the ideas? Or will people given the evaluate role be automatically assigned them?
You will not need to unhide the ideas for evaluators. The 'evaluator role' will automatically grant idea access to evaluators.