Everything You Need to Know about Editing Submissions!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- View Submission 2.0
- In-Line Editing
- In-Line Editing: Title
- In-Line Editing: Description
- In-Line Editing: Attachments
- In-Line Editing: Tags
- In-Line Editing: Category
- In-Line Editing: Submitter
- In-Line Editing: Status
- Submission Page
- In Brightidea, administrators have the ability to edit any submissions they need to - as well as submitters themselves.
- To view the edit submission options for the Site, go to Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas.
- Allow Submission Editing: This allows who is able to make edits to submission.
- If the admin selects "Admin Only" the administrator can make changes to any submissions at any time.
- If the admin selects "Idea Submitter" he/she must select one of the following: (Keep in mind, the submitter can edit THEIR OWN submissions only.
- Before First Action
- 30 Minutes from Submission
- Be sure to make the selection and select "Save Changes" when completed.
- For end users, submission editing is enabled on their OWN submissions.
- In View Submission 2.0 the administrator or submitter can edit a submission with In-Line Editing or through the Submission Page
- In-Line Editing allows the user to edit directly on the submission page, rather than selecting the "Edit Submisison" icon and being redirected to the Submission page
In-Line Editing: Title
- The title can be edited by clicking on the pencil icon next to the title
- It will prompt a text box to enter in new title - and select the "check mark" icon when finished.
In-Line Editing: Description
- The description can be edited by clicking in the pencil icon next to the description. It will prompt a text box to edit the description.
- The administrator or submitter can update any existing attachments or add new ones by clicking on the "Attachments" tab.
- Attachments can be added by either dropping a file directly into the "Add Attachments" box or clicking on the box and selecting an attachment file
In-Line Editing: Tags
- Within the View Submission page the administrator or submitter can select the "X" to remove the tags - or select "+" to add tags
In-Line Editing: Category
- Administrators can change the category by selecting the pencil icon next to the category name
- Once selected the administrator will see a pop up box to select the new category for the submission. To save click "Change Category"
In-Line Editing: Submitter
- Administrators and the submitter can change the submitter by selecting the pencil icon next to the submitter name.
- When selected the administrator will be prompted to add another submitter or pick a new one. When finished click "Save Changes."
In-Line Editing: Status
- Administrators can change the status by selecting the pencil icon next to the status name.
- When selected the administrator will be prompted to pick a new status from the dropdown menu.
- There is also the option to include a status change reason. It can be included in an email and/or posted as a comment. When finished click "Change Status."
- In the submission page the administrator or submitter can edit title, description, category, tags, and attachments all at once.
- After clicking the "Edit Submission" icon the user will be redirected to the Submission page
- This page also displays how many times the submission was edited and when each version was edited.
- Other information such as category, tags, and attachments can also be edited within this page.
- Make sure to select "Update Idea" when finished