'Additional Info Fields' allow Administrators to add and answer admin-only fields and questions on ideas. This feature provides further flexibility & customization to each customers' Brightidea. Admin fields are only visible and editable by Administrators.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started - Adding Additional Info Fields
- Working with Additional Info Fields
- Important Things to Note!
Getting Started - Adding Additional Info Fields:
To configured Additional Info Field information, Admins will need to navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Additional Info.
'Additional Info' provides the ability to add three different question/answer types:
- Single Choice (Dropdown)
- Short Answer
- Long Answer
Select one of the questions types above to add
- Once the 'info' is added, the administrator can configure the question and answer choice.
- Select 'Add Field'
- Then, the administrator can select type, any applicable answers, etc.
Once the appropriate question and answer choices are added, select "Save Additional Info Fields" to complete the info fields configuration. Admins can continue adding as many fields as needed.
Working with 'Additional Info Fields'
Navigate to any View Idea page in the Initiative. On the idea page, click on the "Additional Info" tab:
Within this tab, Admins have the ability to answer the configured admin fields. Answers will automatically save once an answer has been made
Important Things to Note!
- Additional Info fields can be exported using the Enhanced Idea List view in the 'Manage Pipeline' area.
- Simply add the configured 'Additional Info' field(s) to the list view using the gear menu and export using the green Excel icon.
Can an admin tag be pulled from the platform using the new API? As in does tag_id represent admin tags also?
I don't believe that is possible because the admin tags are stored differently than regular tags. Meaning, unless a specific API is developed which pulls admin tags, the regular idea API will not retrieve it.
Please let me know if there is anything else on this topic.
Can additional info fields be managed by moderators as well as administrators?
Can Additional info field be updated by reviewers assigned to the idea and the information viewed by Idea submitters ?