Brightidea is excited to roll out our state of the art mobile application for our customers! We hope this app will encourage higher participation and engagement with every challenge run within your innovation program. We want to make sure every customer is fully equipped and knowledgeable about getting started with it. Here is a rundown below:
Table of Contents
- Installing the App
- Mobile Authentication
- Normal Brightidea Email / Password authentication
- Previously installed SSO authentication
- Mobile Configuration
- Having the Best Mobile experience
- Important Notes
- Questions / Concerns
Installing the App
- Download in iTunes store for iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch devices.
- Download in Google Play store for Android devices.
- Please know that using our application needs to be enabled by your respective Account Manager.
- If you are interested in moving forward with fully installing the application within your company, please contact your Account Manager.
- Feel free to contact our Sales team if you are not sure who your designated Account Manager is.
- Brightidea is excited to announce that both the iPhone and Android version of the Brightidea mobile application have been updated to support mobile Single-Sign-On!
- Below, we will break down steps needed to login to Brightidea Mobile via the options available.
Normal Brightidea Email / Password Authentication
- If your company's authentication is through normal Brightidea email and password - all users are ready to go!
- After downloading the application, the user is first prompted to enter their company email address used for Brightidea.
- The user would enter in their email here:
- Second, if prompted, the user will need to enter their system's domain name to login (i.e. :https://yourcompany.brightidea.com)
- This is usually always found in the browser when logged into the Brightidea system.
- Enter the Brightidea system's domain name (i.e --> https://yourcompany.brightidea.com)
- If the user does not know the domain name, select the 'Don't Know your Site URL?" link which will email the user the correct domain name to use to login.
- Once the domain name is entered, the user will need to enter in their Brightidea password:
- If the user does not know their password, he/she can select 'Forgot Password' from this screen:
Previously Installed SSO authentication (i.e: API SSO, Custom Setup, SAML 1.1)
- Mobile Single-Sign-On (SSO) works only for systems using our new SAML Self-Service SSO implementation.
- Please note: Mobile SSO does not work for any other previous SSO configurations at this time (API, Custom SSO, etc...).
- This feature does not support any previously installed SAML 1.1 or SAML 2.0 integration Brightidea may have setup prior to Fall 2013.
- Please speak with your respective Account Manager with any specific questions or concerns.
- If your company has had an SSO installment prior to Fall 2013 - it is most likely not compatible with our mobile application.
- If the user(s) do not know which password to use, he/she can reset the password via Brightidea setup or via the app itself using 'Forgot Password?'
- Migrating from your current SSO setup requires some coordination with Brightidea's Technical Services team. Please contact our Sales team to learn more about migrating.
- In the mean time, any customer can “try out” the Mobile 5 app by accessing it via normal Brightidea email & password authentication.
SAML Self-Service SSO
- Any customer who has setup authentication via our new single-sign-on method is ready to go!
- This means, if you have SSO enabled and Brightidea Login enabled on your site, the mobile application will always use SSO only.
- Note: The SSO authentication page must be accessible from the internet (outside of your company network) in order for mobile SSO to work. If the page is not accessible from the internet, the mobile device must be connected to the company VPN.
- Note: Mobile SSO only works with SP (Service Provider) initiated SSO, it does not work with IDP SSO at this time.
- Note: The mobile application only works with SSO or regular Brightidea login, it does not support both at the same time!
- To get started, after downloading and launching the mobile application, the user would enter in their email address:
- After entering their email address, select "Submit" button to proceed.
- If promoted, enter your Brightidea system's domain name (i.e --> https://yourcompany.brightidea.com) --> Select "Submit"
- Like above, if the user does not know the domain name, select the 'Don't Know your Site URL?" link.
- Note, the mobile application does not support HTTP URLs, only HTTPS.
- On the next page, select "Use My Company Log in":
- Once the "Use My Company Log In" button is selected, the mobile application will open the mobile Web Browser and redirect the user to the company SSO authentication page where they can proceed to login:
- After successful authentication, the user will be logged into the Brightidea mobile application!
- Navigate to Enterprise Setup --> Mobile tab
- Mobile Application Link
- This section provides URLs to download both the iPhone and Android version of our mobile application.
- Mobile Application Design
- Brightidea wants to make sure your app is reflective of your innovation program brand and your business.
- We have given the option to have administrators control logo and branding colors for their users' mobile experience.
- Learn more about how to do so, here!
- Mobile Application Labels
- This section allows the administrator to edit several labels that appear in the mobile application.
- To change a label simply enter desired text in the appropriate field.
- Mobile Links in System Email Footer
- Here, the administrator has the option of appending all email sent from the Brightidea system with information in the footer area about the mobile application.
- This provides an effective way of notifying your users that they can participate using their mobile device!
Having the Best Mobile Experience
Displaying Initiatives in Mobile
To ensure that the desired Initiative displays in the Brightidea Mobile application, please make sure the Initiative is selected to appear in mobile via the Visual Initiative list configuration check-box:
Conversely, un-check the box for those Initiatives that you don’t want to show in the Mobile app.
- Within the application, all users can swipe through ideas, including images representing ideas.
- While not required for the mobile application, enabling our Idea Boards option in the system will make the ideas pop and more visually appealing. We encourage administrators to review the option so more ideas can grab users' attention!
- Notifications are a great driver for users to be engaged within the Brightidea system. We made sure notifications are pushed to both the web and mobile platforms so anybody can be in the know on anything Brightidea.
- Please review how notifications can help engage the audience further.
Visual Initiative List Widgets
- The mobile app is constructed around Initiatives, where the user(s) can enter a specific Initiative and learn more about what call to action is being asked for.
- Utilizing the Visual Initiative List Widgets option will give the individual Initiatives' more color and distinction with the use of an associated image.
Following Ideas, Users & Tags
- If the administrator adds the countdown widget on the Initiative page, it will pull that countdown into the Initiative information within Brightidea Mobile.
- Learn more about how to set a countdown for any Initiative, here!
- Administrative functionality – The Mobile app is intended for end user participation (Idea submission, voting, and collaboration). All administrative tasks need to be performed in the non-mobile system
- Action items – All evaluations must be completed in the non-mobile system.
- Chips Voting is not available in the mobile application, only regular up/down voting.
- Posting Blogs functionality is only available on your Brightidea site and not in the mobile application at this time.
- Command Center / Dashboards / Pipelines can only be viewed and managed on the non-mobile version of Brightidea.
- Rich Text Formatting - The mobile application currently doesn't support any type of Rich Text formatting for posting or viewing the idea. All ideas will display in plain text on the mobile application.
Questions / Concerns
- If you or your team have questions or concerns around the Brightidea Mobile application - please submit a ticket to our Support team at your earliest convenience!
- Feel free to comment on this thread as well - happy innovating on the go!