Table of Contents:
- Creating the Newsletter
- Adding Newsletter Recipients
- Adding Newsletter Content
- Managing Your Newsletters
- Sending the Newsletter
- Delete Newsletter Warning
- Important Things to Note
Creating the Newsletter
- Selecting the “Create a Newsletter” button will replace the pane with an empty Newsletter form
Adding Newsletter Recipients
- Clicking on “Add Recipients” will allow the System Administrator to add the users he/she wishes to send this newsletter to
- The pop-up will allow users to add both individual users and/or existing user groups to the recipients list.
- The administrator can select as many users and/or groups as needed, including the 'ALL' group which is every user in their Brightidea system
Adding Newsletter Content
- The system administrator can feel free to add any text and HTML to their newsletter body.
- Note there is a max of 100 characters for the newsletter subject line.
- The administrator can select 'Save' to save it for later delivery or to work on again later.
Managing Your Newsletters
- Once any newsletter is saved, selecting on the Newsletter title will bring the user to the filled out version of the newsletter
- The 'Date Sent', 'Created By' and 'Last Updated' will show when the newsletter is saved
- The administrator has the option to delete the newsletter by selecting the right hand side 'X'.
Sending the Newsletter
- When the administrator is ready with their recipient list and their newsletter content, he/she selects “Send Newsletter”
- A warning box with the number of recipients it is going to be sent to a confirmation pop-up screen.
- The user must confirm this is correct by selecting the 'Send Newsletter' button
Delete Newsletter Warning
- If a user clicks the red "X" to delete a newsletter the warning pop-up
Important Things to Note:
- The newsletter inherits the Enterprise Contact Email setup in Enterprise Setup. Therefore all newsletters triggered will come from this address when sent to the administrators' audience.
- This is located in Enterprise Setup > Site > Components > Contact Email
- Attachments cannot be appended to newsletters.
- Newsletters may take a few minutes or hours to get to the target audience depending on size of the recipients.
- Newsletter is only available on Enterprise level, not Initiative/Site.
- If any emails do not get received, please verify the system email settings, as well as the users' personal profile settings
- The subject line for the newsletter can be up to 100 characters.