Everything You Need to Know about 'Linking Ideas'!
Linking Ideas Via Pipeline
- In Pipeline ideas can be linked from both Step View and List View
- To Link Ideas from the Step View, the administrator can select two or more ideas and either click the "Actions" button or right click and then select "Link Ideas"
- Note: Only ideas within the same step can be selected at the same time in Step View
- Once "Link Ideas" is selected the administrator will see a pop up box to confirm linking the ideas
- To confirm click "Link Ideas"
- After "Link Ideas" is submitted the user will see a pop up to confirm that the ideas have been linked
- To Link Ideas from List View the administrator can highlight the ideas by selecting the checkbox in the left column and then click the "Actions" button or right click and then select "Link Ideas"
- The administrator can also directly link ideas by clicking on the "Link Ideas" icon
- Once either option is selected the administrator will receive the same pop up and confirmation message from Step View
- Within List View the administrator has the ability to view linked ideas within that Pipeline
- To view ideas that are linked make sure that "Linked Ideas" is an enabled column in the List View by selecting "Link Ideas" from the gear icon:
- The administrator will now be able to see which ideas are linked in List View
Linking Ideas Via "Idea Details" Widget
- On the View Idea page Users can view linked ideas with the "Idea Details" widget
- The administrator can also link ideas together within this widget and unlink ideas as well
- To link ideas with the "Idea Details" widget hover over the "Linked Ideas" section of the widget and click the pencil icon
- Within this view the administrator can link additional ideas
- Within this view the administrator can also unlink ideas together by hovering over any of the linked ideas and clicking on the red "X" icon
- When finished linking/unlinking ideas click "Save Changes"
Important Things to Note:
- The ideas will be noted to be linked for both administrators and end users.
- Only ideas from the same WebStorm/Pipeline can be linked together, it's not possible to link ideas across different WebStorm.
- Comments on linked ideas are not shared, they are respective to the ideas they were made on.
- Linking ideas do not change any points or change idea ownership
- The system will trigger the "Link Idea Notification" email template to all respective idea submitters - when ideas are linked
- There is no limit to how many ideas you can link in WebStorm Admin, Pipeline or View Idea 2.0 page.
- There is no current API for linked ideas.
- Linking ideas have no affect on action item scores and/or the evaluation process - It is just a reference to ideas for better decision making.