The Idea List (Grid) section in Platform allows the Pipeline Manager to fully manage all ideas in their Pipeline!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Sort / Filter Idea List View
- Managing Ideas
- Inline Editing of Ideas
- Import / Export Ideas
- To get started, select the right hand menu bar tab from the Pipeline Steps screen:
- Select the "List" option from the menu bar:
Sort / Filter Idea List View
- Within the list view, the Pipeline Manager can sort all ideas based on specific criteria.
- Sort Ascending / Descending: Select any column header to sort ascending or descending:
- Add / Remove Columns: Columns in the grid can be removed or added by selecting the gear icon in the list header:
- This option provides the Pipeline Manager with the ability to also add extra submission form questions / answers to appear as columns in the grid.
- The Pipeline Manager also has the option to add a column to show the Average Score for each step within the Pipeline
- Select the extra column option from the drop-down list to display the extra columns:
- Filter Column - Select the filter icon next to the column name and enter the desired filter by text.
- After hitting "OK", the filter will apply to the grid view.
- From the List View, the Pipeline Manager will see all ideas the selected Pipeline.
- The list view allows the Manager to perform the following actions (via the action menu) or right clicking on any idea:
- Change Visibility: Select whether the idea is visible for end users.
- Change Category: Allows the manager to change idea category for any selected idea(s).
- Change Status: Allows the manager to change idea status for any selected idea(s).
- Copy Ideas: Copy ideas to other Pipelines (WebStorms) in the Brightidea system.
- Merge Ideas: Note: *Merge functionality is currently not available in the new Fall 2014 release* - Merge very similar ideas into one with a parent/child relationship.
- Link Ideas: Link ideas to create a linked connection between two or more ideas.
- Linking Ideas can also be done by selecting the "Link" button from the Moderation toolbar:
- Change Pipeline: Allows the manager to move an ideas to another Pipeline (WebStorm).
- Add Tag: Add additional tags for the selected ideas.
- Add Admin Tag: Add additional admin tags for the selected ideas, these are only visible to WebStorm & System administrators.
- Delete Ideas: Delete selected ideas. Note: Once deleted, it's not possible to recover the ideas.
Inline Editing of Ideas
- The list view also support direct inline editing of all fields in the grid.
- To make any changes, simply select the needed field and the ability to edit will appear:
Import / Export Ideas
- Ideas can now be imported directly from the list view in the Brightidea Platform.
- To Quick Add an Idea, select the " + " icon above the grid.
- This option will allow the manager to submit the name of an idea directly to that Pipeline without having to go to the submission form page
- To Submit Idea, select the down arrow next to to " + " icon
- This option will redirect the manager to the idea submission form page to submit a new idea.
- To Import ideas, select the down arrow next to the " + " icon to open the import idea dialog:
- Within the import dialog, the Pipeline Manager will need to download the Excel (.XLS) import template which will be used to import ideas.
- Once the template is filled in, upload the template and select "Import Ideas" to complete this process.
- Once the upload complete, the Pipeline Manager will receive an email with the confirmation.
- To Export Ideas, select the green Excel icon in the idea list view:
- The export will be downloaded in .CSV format which can be opened in Excel.