What is the Review tool for?
- The Review step is intended to ensure newly submitted ideas meet the qualification criteria for your challenge.
- The Review step allows Pipeline Managers or administrators to trigger action items to idea evaluators or subject matter experts to fully review ideas assigned to them.
- When a Review action item is triggered, the assignee can perform any of the following:
- Further review the submitted idea content
- Change Idea Status and/or Category
- Toggle Visibility
- Add Comments and Tags
- Fill in Additional Info fields
Configure the Review Tool:
- Navigate to Step Ellipsis Menu --> Configure Review
- In the configuration section, the Pipeline Manager / Administrator will need to set the following parameters:
- Basic Settings:
- Evaluators: Select the user(s) who will review the ideas.
- Individual Assignment: Any user configured as an Evaluator will automatically be assigned an action item per each note submission.
- Note: There can be a maximum of 180 evaluators per step
- Category Assignment: Action items for by category will be triggered when an note is submitted with the same category the user is assigned to.
- Note: There is a limit of 30 evaluators per category with 180 total for the step
- Due Date: The Manager / Administrator can set the due date dynamically from date assigned or manually select a date if needed.
- Email Alert: Allows the assigner to enable or disable the email alert on assignment.
- The user has to option to configure more parameters in Advanced Settings:
- Advanced Settings:
- Evaluators Per Idea (Load Balance): When there are many ideas in a step, this setting allows the assigner to control the number of evaluators per idea. E.g. Not every evaluator will evaluate each idea, they are balanced between the entire evaluation team.
- Idea Graduation: An idea will advance to the next step in the pipeline once the first Review action item for the idea is complete
- Email Alerts: When checked emails will be sent to evaluators when a new action item is assigned
- Send Alerts:
- Immediately: An email alert will be sent Immediately to each Assignee when a new Action Item is assigned.
- Daily: An email alert will be sent to each Assignee when the first Action Item is assigned. Subsequent email alerts will be sent Daily.
- Daily emails will include any Action Items assigned from the previous day
- Daily, Assignees will receive a single email alert for new Action Items for that step at 9:00 a.m. (this will respect system time zone settings)
- Email Subject and Body: The assigner has the option to enter in any desired email subject and body text - which will be sent to the selected evaluators.
- Dynamic Fields: Allows the assigner to include dynamic fields in an Email
- Select Activate to complete the configuration of this step.
- After the action item is triggered in Brightidea, the assignee will receive an email / notification notifying them of their open 'Review' action item to complete.
- Once the assignee / evaluator completes their 'Review' action item, he / she then selects "Complete Review" on each assigned idea.
- After the assignee / evaluator completes their 'Review' action item, he / she can return to their idea(s) to make any further changes necessary, even after it has been marked 'Completed'
Important Things to Note:
Review step evaluator(s) will only get emails for 1st idea in step, but not for ideas 2-10. The next email will only be triggered for idea 11 and not for 12-20.
However, the evaluator will still get a Brightidea notification (within Global Navigation menu) and the action item will be in their action item list.