What is the Single Scale tool for?
- The Single Scale step is intended to allows Pipeline Managers / Administrators to engage their subject matter experts earlier on in the idea selection process. The assigners can receive really quick and impactful numeric ratings on ideas being considered for selection / handoff.
- This allows for evaluations of ideas based on number scale system (e.g. 1 -7). This allows idea evaluators to quickly and efficiently go through an assigned list of ideas and provide their feedback instantly.
- When a Single Scale action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener can provide any of the following:
- Review all components of the idea (attachments, votes, comments, any additional information) to provide a numeric rating on an idea
- Provide feedback and/or ask questions through comments (to both idea submitters and/or fellow screeners)
Configure the Single Scale Tool:
- To get started with 'Single Scale' tool, navigate to Step Ellipsis Menu --> Configure Single Scale:
- In the Single Scale configuration section, the Pipeline Manager / Administrator will need to set the following parameters:
- Basic Settings:
- Individual Assignment: Any user configured as an Evaluator will automatically be assigned an action item per each note submission.
- Note: There can be a maximum of 180 evaluators per step
- Category Assignment: Action items for by category will be triggered when an note is submitted with the same category the user is assigned to.
- Note: There is a limit of 30 evaluators per category with 180 total for the step
- Due Date: The Manager / Administrator can set the due date dynamically from date assigned or manually select a date if needed.
- Send Email Alert: Allows the assigner to enable or disable the email alert on assignment.
- The user has to option to configure more parameters in Advanced Settings
- Advanced Settings:
- Evaluators Per Idea: When there are many ideas in a step, this setting allows you to control the number of evaluators per idea. E.g. Not every evaluator will evaluate each idea, they are balanced between the entire evaluation team.
- Allow Assignees to Edit Idea Attributes: Assignees who are not already administrators will be able to edit some idea attributes such as idea title, description and category.
- Send Alerts:
- Immediately: An email alert will be sent Immediately to each Assignee when a new Action Item is assigned.
- Daily: An email alert will be sent to each Assignee when the first Action Item is assigned. Subsequent email alerts will be sent Daily.
- Daily emails will include any Action Items assigned from the previous day
- Daily, Assignees will receive a single email alert for new Action Items for that step at 9:00 a.m. (this will respect system time zone settings)
- Email Subject and Body: The assigner has the option to enter in any desired email subject and body text - which will be sent to the selected evaluators.
- Dynamic Fields: Allows the assigner to include dynamic fields in an Email
- Question Text: This question will be the basis for how the evaluators rate idea
- Rating Scale: Set the number scale for which the ideas will be evaluated on (e.g. 1-5 or 1-7).
- Select Activate to complete the Single Scale configuration.
- Once assigned, each evaluator will complete their 'Single Scale' action item by simply selecting the desired number on the number scale presented for each idea.
- The assignee can use their keyboard number keys to enter their rating, or select the respective rating right within Brightidea.
- He/she can review the idea (and all it's appended additional information) as well as provide comments to either:
1) The idea submitter / team
2) A public comment for all participants to view
3) To only fellow screeners / evaluators