Table of Contents:
- What is the Development tool for?
- Configure the 'Development' Tool
- Assignee's Experience
- Revision History
What is the Development tool for?
The Development tool provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with ability to gather and build out ideas that are chosen to move forward.
- Development question are only visible to Admins, Moderators, and Evaluators on the back-end action items view, not on View Idea page or elsewhere in the front-end of the Initiative. Regular end users can't see development questions/answers.
- The manager can then create custom Development questions to further gather information for each idea.
- Once questions and fields are set, he/she can then assign a 'Development' action item to the idea's submitter/evaluators.
Configure the 'Development' Tool:
To get started with the Development tool, navigate to your Pipeline Steps View > Step Ellipsis Menu > Configure Development:
In the Configure Development configuration section, the Pipeline Manager will have two options for assignment:
NEW: Category Assignment: Administrators can configure the Development Step to assign Submissions based on Categories. If your Initiative has Categories based on departments, you can now configure one Step to filter Submissions to different Evaluators.
- An Administrator can assign different and/or same Development Lead/Team to each Category of an Initiative. Development Action Items will then trigger for the Category assigned Users only.
If your Initiative has Categories disabled, Administrators will see a warning message informing them of their settings
Action Items will then be assigned to all Evaluators (Development Lead and Development Team) to be completed.
Individual Assignment: Administrators can assign all Submissions to individual Users. This assignment method is broken down as follows -
- Idea Submitter: This will assign the Development Lead to the submitter of the idea
- Selected User: This will allow the admin to select any user to be the Development Lead
- Development Lead: When configuring Development Steps, managers select a specific user to assign as Development Lead:
- Development Team (optional): The user has the option to add individual members on the Development Team
- Due Date: The manager can set the due date dynamically from date assigned or manually select a date if needed.
- Development Fields: Questions that the Development evaluators will answer
After Administrators have assigned the User(s) to the Step, you will need to scroll down to select Development Fields to configure the question fields for this development step.
The Pipeline Manager / Administrator has the following options for each development field:
- Include: Select whether to include this field in the development step
- Required: Option to make the field required during the development step process
To edit the Development Fields, select the Edit Fields link in this window
The Pipeline Manager / Administrator will be redirected to the edit submission form page in Site Setup where they can configure the development fields as needed:
To set a submission form field for the development step, select the Development Field and save changes.
The configured fields will appear on the Development step configuration mentioned above.
Note: The Instruction Text field can be used to provide additional instructions (text or image).
Idea Editing: Assignees who are not already administrators will be able to edit some idea attributes such as idea title, description and category.
Action Items: Cancel open action items when submission moves out of Step.
Daily emails will include any Action Items assigned from the previous day
Daily, Assignees will receive a single email alert for new Action Items for that step at 9:00 a.m. (this will respect system time zone settings)
Immediately: An email alert will be sent Immediately to each Assignee when a new Action Item is assigned.
Daily: An email alert will be sent to each Assignee when the first Action Item is assigned. Subsequent email alerts will be sent Daily.
Email Subject and Body: The assigner has the option to enter in any desired email subject and body text - which will be sent to the selected evaluators.
Dynamic Fields: Allows the assigner to include dynamic fields in an Email
Recurring Reminders: Send email reminders to assignees after X days of inactivity.
Action Item Escalation: Notify certain recipients when an action item hasn’t been completed in X days.
The assignee / evaluator will receive a new Development action item to complete upon successful configuration and assignment.
The assignee / evaluator can complete the Development action item by filling in all required questions and selecting Mark Complete or Save to finish later.
Each time a user clicks the "Save", "Mark Done", or "Mark as Complete" on the Action Item page for Development questions a version of their answers is saved in the history.
Previous versions can be accessed in the far-right panel called "Revision History":
The following information is stored with each version:
- The answers to all development questions.
- The user who saved the development form.
- Date and time the development form was saved.
This development action item view displays the most recent version by default.
- Note: Answers to previous versions cannot be edited in this view
On the the top right the dropdown menu "Revision History" displays all previous versions:
The "Restore Revision" button allows the user to restore a previous saved version of the development answers:
When clicked the user is redirected back to the edit view of the form with the selected version's answers pre-populated in the form:
Note: The user cannot edit a previous version. If the user hits "Update" after loading a previous version's answers, a new version will be created.
Please Note: Previous versions of development questions will only be available for development versions saved after 6/29/16.