What is the Stack Rank tool for?
- The Stack Rank step in the Brightidea's New Platform provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with the ability to quickly find the best ideas using an order based system.
- Determine order of ideas best to worst
- Send Stack Rank action items to list of people who put ideas in a stack rank.
- When a Stack Rank action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener will be able to place the assigned ideas in their desired order from best to worst.
Configure the Stack Rank Tool:
- To get started with Stack Rank, navigate to Step Ellipsis Menu --> Configure Stack Rank:
- In the Stack Rank configuration section, the Pipeline Manager will need to set the following parameters:
- Evaluators: Select the users who will review / stack the ideas.
- Due Date:The manager can set the due date dynamically from date assigned or manually select a date if needed.
- Idea Editing: Assignees who are not already administrators will be able to edit some idea attributes such as idea title, description and category.
- Action Items: Cancel open action items when submission moves out of Step.
- Send Email Alert: Allows the manager to enable or disable the email alert on assignment.
- Recurring Reminders: Send email reminders to assignees after X days of inactivity.
- Action Item Escalation: Notify certain recipients when an action item hasn’t been completed in X days.
- Select Activate to complete the configuration.
- After the action item is triggered in Brightidea, the assignee will receive an email / notification notifying them of their open Stack Rank action item to complete.
- The selected evaluators will complete their Stack Rank action items by placing ideas in the desired order (by dragging and dropping) and selecting Complete
Important things to note:
- When viewing an Export Report Overall Stack Rank is calculated by:
- For each idea, averages the ranks given across all evaluators.
- Orders the ideas by average value and determines the overall rank value.
- Stack Rank is not recommended for continuous Initiatives. Instead this tool should only be used for time-boxed Initiatives.