Managing Pipelines is made easy by our new generation architecture. For Admins, navigating to the Pipeline Steps View provides a clean interface to fully control the innovation process from start to finish to make sure all ideas are properly evaluated.
Table of Contents:
Admins can also add descriptions for Steps to inform other Admins on the workflow. This description is visible to other Pipeline Admins and Moderators, to explain the purpose of the Step. The Step description appears in a standard tooltip, visible when hovering over the info icon in the Step title.
Each Step in Platform has a 'Manage' section which allows the Platform Manager to see statistics about open/completed action items and perform certain actions. To access the 'Manage Section' navigate to Step Gear Menu > Manage (Tool Name):
Action Items Progress Tab
When ideas move into each step, Action Items are triggered and will need to be completed by Evaluators. While this evaluation process is occurring, the Pipeline Admin needs to be aware of everything that is happening. When the Manager selects 'Manage Step' in the gear menu of the Step, they will be brought to a high level overview page to review all progress of the step.
For each Step, and each Tool Type, the Manager can review data points regarding Action Items assigned for that specific step such as:
- # of Completed vs. Open Action items (associated with that Step)
- Names of evaluators - and their total completed percentage of their action items
- Avg. # of days Action Items are open (or take to be completed)
The Pipeline Manager can conduct any of the following within 'Manage Step':
- Configure: Allows the manager to re-configure the step action item assignments.
- Edit Due Date: Change the due date for this steps' action items.
- Remind All: Triggers an email to all evaluators who have outstanding action item
- Remind Individual Users: Trigger a reminder email to an individual user reminding them of their open action item to complete.
- Re-assign: Allows the manager to re-assign a user's action item to another user for any action items that are individually assigned.
- Action Items cannot be reassigned if the Step is of a specific Tool Type or is configured to assign based on category.
- Remove: Removes the User from the Step so that they no longer receive any new Action Items. When removed, the Step will cancel any Open Action Items automatically and all Completed Action Items will preserve their evaluation data in the Step.
- Re-adding a removed Evaluator will not re-assign any previously assigned Action Items.
Select the green Excel export icon to generate a report of the action items in the selected step. The export will contain the results about each assigned evaluator from the tool type including:
- Percent Complete
- Last Login Date
Currently in Step Tab
The "Currently in Step" tab allows the Pipeline Manager to view scores collected in the selected Step/Tool Type. The goal here is to quickly see how idea screeners are evaluating ideas in this specific Step. As a result, Admins can decide which ideas to move forward or which to stop from progressing forward.
Within this tab, a few Tool Types will allow Admins the ability to Stop or Advance ideas to the next step using the buttons on the right side:
If the Manager chooses to take an idea out of the running, they will select "Stop". This action will change the idea system status to the one which is mapped to "Stopped".
If the Manager chooses to move ideas forward, they will select "Advance to Next Step". This action will only move the selected idea(s) to the next Step configured in the Pipeline work-flow. The Step name will be listed in the confirmation box below.
Here, the Manager has the following options:
- Alert the Idea Submitter of this advancement via email and/or in-product notification.
- Change the idea Status.
Within the "Currently in Step" tab, the Pipeline Manager also has the ability to change selected Idea Status or Idea Step using the 'Action Menu' drop-down:
Step History Tab
From the 'Step History' tab, the Pipeline Manager can review what ideas were selected to move forward or to be stopped within the Decision column.