Brightidea offers a Self-Service SSO guide for you Brightidea site's Single Sign On configuration; however there are a few things you should know before getting started configuring SSO.
Enable Brightidea Login
- Using SSO allows users to not have to set up a Brightidea username and password as a separate login
- When implementing or making changes to your SSO it is important that you temporarily enable Brightidea login under Enterprise/Site Setup > Authentication >Auth Section
- This is a very important step so you don't lock out yourself and other users of your site in case SSO does not work when configuring or making any changes!
- In the event that you are locked out of your system because SSO breaks you will be able to login through the Brightidea login that you previously enabled:
- If you are locked out you will be redirected to the Brightidea login screen.
- You will then need to do a password reset with the same email address that you are using for your SSO
- Once you select "Forgot Password" you will receive an email with directions and a link for the reset:
- After your password is reset you can then log back into your Brightidea system and make the appropriate changes to your SSO configuration.
- Once you are done and have tested that you can login via SSO successfully you can then disable Brightidea login in the setup area as noted above.