Happy Holidays Innovators!
🎶 Santa Claus is comin' to town... Santa Claus is comin' to town...🎶
....okay, I will stop singing and tell you what Brightidea developers worked on this week, I promise.
Just FYI, these updates took effect yesterday - Wednesday, December 13th, 2017. If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal. Woohoo!
Here are all the updates and improvements we made...
Are you ready? Let's do this!
Front End Initiative
- There was an issue with private comments not appearing to Evaluators on an idea. That is gone forever.
- When a team submitted an idea, there was a problem with the UI and one of he dropdowns partially hidden, thats now fixed. Yes!
- Fixed some alignment issues with tags on View Idea page.
- Going forward, when 'Private' or 'Submitter Q&A' comments are made, the entire box will be highlighted to signal the commenter.
- The 'User Community' widget has now been restored with capability to filter (when in Widget Setup Mode)
- Portuguese is now available for OCR idea submission.
Back End Pipeline Management
- Ladies and Gentlemen... Please welcome the 'Administrators' tab in the People Pillar! Hooray!
- Here, adminstrators can see who has an administrator license in their Brightidea system, and more.
- Refer to this deeper dive for more info.
- ROI Model Workbook and Fishbone Technique (for the Solve app) assets have been added to the Knowledge Base for your use!
- Also, we updated the Solve and Optimize Playbooks in the Knowledge Base as well.
- Quick note: These 'Playbooks' include default step definitions, as well as recommended success metrics for your challenges!
- Fixed an issue where adding a team member within a Development action item would cause information to be overwritten.
- Another issue fixed in the 'Manage Step' page for Scorecard, where the banner notifying how many action items were left would disappear.
- We moved the 'Export' icon for Action Items so its more easily visible. It will now show up next to the search on top right side of the page. This is for both the 'My Action Items' page and 'Action Items Manager' pages.
- We have now added super helpful hyperlinks the associated 'Team Workspace' when hovering over an idea in Steps view. So nice, right? I know, I agree.
- Made updates to Team Workspace and Search capability - whereby 'Project' results will return hyperlinks for Team Workspaces (only if Team Workspace is enabled)
- Made some little updates when making edits to the Business Model Canvas. Hitting 'Enter', using bullets and numbering will be fully aligned across all sections.
- Fixed an issue for 'Team Workspace' hyperlinks available in action item view, for all tool type steps, when logged in as an administrator. #visibility
- Made some UI tweaking for Business Model Canvas - added some much deserved padding and line spacing - SO PRETTY.
- Fixed an issue where adding special characters to a Risk or Milestones would cause an issue for saving - that is now fixed for you!
- We ensured all 250 character limits were consistent across all Workspace components - including risks, milestones, and tasks.
If you have any questions about these updates, please do not be shy to let us know. And as always, stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for Wednesday, December 20th, 2017.
Happy Innovating and Feliz Navidad!
Anthony, Brightidea Product Team