As an alternative to using the Homepage for Idea Box, admins now have a BETA option to enable Team Site for Idea Box.
Team Site Functionality
We are introducing a new way to position the Idea Box app within your department by incorporating our team site view.
This update provides the following benefits:
- Security and access: Ability to siphon off access to key team members within various departments to help manage their innovation activities independently.
- Structured, direct navigation: The UI has been updated to better highlight the most important aspects of managing and participating in an Idea Box challenge.
- All-in-one pipeline management: Communities and sub-pipelines can be set up to route ideas based on their maturity, subject matter expertise, timing, and other factors.
- Fine-tuned dashboards: Surfaces key site analytics to the entire team to define and understand success criteria and engagement.
Enabling Team Site for Idea Box
Before it can be used, enable Team Site for Idea Box in System Setup > Beta > Beta > Enterprise Site Options > “Idea Box Team Site”
After it has been enabled at the System level, it can be toggled on for an individual Idea Box in Site Setup > Site > General Settings > "Enable Team Site View"
After it has been enabled, when a user clicks on the Idea Box app from the below locations, they will be directed to the Idea Box Team Site page, as opposed to the site homepage:
- Highlights feed
- User homepage > Activities
- Visual Initiative List widget
- Initiative Admin dropdown > Site
- Activity feed in Command Center