Enabling Global Navigation
Within Enterprise Setup > Site > Global Navigation, the administrator will see a tab where they can configure Global Navigation for Brightidea. To get started, the Administrator must first enable by checking the box available.
Once enabled, the Administrator can configure which Initiative(s) they wish to enable Global Navigation for. This is also a quick way to disable Global Navigation for Initiatives if there are multiple that need to be configured.
Company Logo / Colors in Masthead
The 'masthead' is a bar that is goes above the global navigation grey/silver bar. The administrator can choose preset colors for the masthead background & text, as well as an option to enter in hex code for each. The administrator can upload a logo, add text, or append custom HTML to the masthead in this section.
Customize the Logo / Color in the Global Navigation bar
The last part is to replace the Brightidea logo and upload your own! Within the logo section, upload your company logo based on the given size constraints. The height of the logo image should be a maximum of 40px. Also, it is recommended to use an image with a 180px width.
- Note, you can also choose not to upload a logo and simply hide the Brightidea logo.
Finally, set the color of the Global Navigation bar using Hex color values to match your company colors. This is optional, you can leave the color untouched and stay with the default.
Initiative Level option
This feature can also be toggled on/off at the Initiative level. Navigate to your Site Setup > Site > General Settings tab. This option should be at the very top.
Important Things to Note!
- Note: Global Navigation does not support Communities or Public Enterprise/Site features at this time.
- If either Action Item Alerts & Notifications are toggled off, they will be removed from the global navigation
- The administrator can opt to turn off global navigation for any Site, at any time, within Enterprise Setup
- The predefined links under the far right wheel cannot be configured
- The global navigation bar can be altered with CSS, if the administrator needs so.
- Note: If Enterprise Profiles are disabled at the Site level, clicking on the Brightidea logo in Global Navigation will take the user to the Site level home page not Enterprise.
- Always remember to select 'Save Changes'!