Enabling Global Navigation
- Within Enterprise Setup --> Site --> Global Navigation, the administrator will see a new tab where they can configure global navigation for their Brightidea system.
- To get started, the administrator must enable global navigation by the first check box available.
- Once enabled, the administrator can configure which Site(s) they wish to have the global navigation on for.
Company Logo / Colors in Masthead
- The 'masthead' is a bar that is goes above the global navigation grey/silver bar.
- The administrator can choose preset colors for the masthead background & text, as well as an option to enter in hex code for each.
- The administrator can upload a logo, add text, or append custom HTML to the masthead in this section.
Customize the Logo / Color in the Global Navigation bar
- The last part is to replace the Brightidea logo and upload your own!
- Within the logo section, upload your company logo based on the given size constraints.
- The height of the logo image should be a maximum of 40px. Also, it is recommended to use an image with a 180px width.
- Note, you can also choose not to upload a logo and simply hide the Brightidea logo.
- E.g. if you are using the Masthead as a place to host your company logo already.
- Finally, set the color of the Global Navigation bar using Hex color values to match your company colors.
- This is optional, you can leave the color untouched and stay with the default.
Important Things to Note!
- Note: Global Navigation does not support Communities or Public Enterprise/Site features at this time.
- If either Action Item Alerts & Notifications are toggled off, they will be removed from the global navigation
- The administrator can opt to turn off global navigation for any Site, at any time, within Enterprise Setup
- The predefined links under the far right wheel cannot be configured
- The global navigation bar can be altered with CSS, if the administrator needs so.
- Note: If Enterprise Profiles are disabled at the Site level, clicking on the Brightidea logo in Global Navigation will take the user to the Site level home page not Enterprise.
- Always remember to select 'Save Changes'!