Everything You Need to Know about 'Terms and Conditions'!
Please see a Brightidea University tutorial around Terms & Conditions.
- Once the administrator sets their Terms & Conditions, the administrator are forcing users to agree to any legal disclaimer before any activity can be conducted within the Brightidea system
- Any user who logs into Brightidea will be redirected to the Terms and Conditions page.
- The user will not be able to proceed into the WebStorm without accepting the Terms and conditions. (If T&C is enabled) If they close the window and come back, it will still show up unless the user selects the check box and agrees.
- The Brightidea administrator has the option to have terms and conditions exist on the Enterprise or WebStorm level:
Enterprise Level Terms & Conditions
- This is found under Enterprise Setup --> Site --> Terms
- Once the administrator sets the Enterprise Terms, any user who logs into either the Enterprise Login page or any Enterprise WebStorm will be prompted with the Terms and Conditions page.
- Once a user agrees to the terms, they will not have to do it again unless the administrator reactivates a new version by selecting "Reactivate terms for already registered users?"
- In other words, if a user logs into one WebStorm, and then agrees to the terms...he or she will not have to agree to them again when logging into another WebStorm
- By selecting "Require users to view all Terms before accepting" the user will be required to scroll to the bottom of the Terms window before they are permitted to click the "Accept" button.
- Always remember to select "Save Changes" when finished.
- This is what the end user will experience once they login to the Brightidea system for the first time:
WebStorm Level Terms & Conditions
- This is found under: WebStorm Setup --> Site ---> Terms
- If the administrator wishes to keep the 'Terms and Conditions' solely on one WebStorm - the administrator can set WebStorm level terms and conditions by selecting "WebStorm Terms and Conditions" under WebStorm Setup --> Site --> Terms
- These specific terms and conditions will be displayed to the user once they login DIRECTLY into the specific WebStorm
- With this option, WebStorms can be excluded from the Enterprise Terms and Conditions.
- This can be applicable for large Enterprise systems who wish to run a single or multiple public WebStorms in which they require a separate set of Terms and Conditions.
- Once enabled: WebStorm will use its own individual terms, regardless of Enterprise Terms setting.
- The administrator can update the WebStorm's specific T&C in WebStorm Setup --> Site --> Terms
- If no Terms are set in WebStorm Setup --> Site -->Terms, Terms agreement will not show for users when entering this specific WebStorm only.
- If Terms content is set in WebStorm Setup --> Site -->Terms, the WebStorm specific Terms agreement is required for users on all WebStorm entry points.
Important Things to Note:
- The Terms and Conditions allows html content to be entered, but strips it out if the administrator is looking to edit it.
- We recommend using "Notepad" or other word processing software to create the terms and then save it locally.
- The administrator can then copy and paste easily - so they don’t need to add even the little linebreaks later.
- It is not possible to have the Terms & Conditions page appear every time a user logs in.
- If the admin wants 'Terms and Conditions' to be disabled, simply empty the content from the Terms and Conditions text area and press the "Save Changes" button.
- It is not possible to change at what point a user agrees to the terms and conditions.
- A possible alternative is to add an HTML/TXT widget with the appropriate terms and condition on the idea submission page itself.
- Another option is to put it on the idea submission form as a submission form question - but keep in mind the character limit on the idea submission form "question" field is 988 characters.