The Brightidea landing page incorporates new activity and displays a whole new look in the Brightidea community!
- The Landing page is not a substitute for a Brightidea profile - this is a page meant for users to see a full overview of your activity in your innovation community when logging into Brightidea.
- Administrators can add widgets to the landing page as well as edit via CSS.
- The member landing page can be found in one of dynamic fields choices in your navigation selection under "Member Landing Page"
- The full URL is: https://yourcompany.brightidea.com/ct/c_member_landing.bix?a=OD____
- This page is available to all users in the Brightidea system.
Table of Contents
- Search Bar
- Access to Profile
- Activity Feed
- Action Items
- Private Messages
- Projects I'm Following
- People I'm Following
- Your Statistics
- My Challenges
- My Communities
- Important things to Note:
- The search bar allows for easy access for searching across the system on the top right.
- Users can search ideas, projects, users, WebStorms, and more!
Access to Profile
- Clicking on "Edit Profile" will allow users to edit your profile personal profile information.
- Users may also change your profile picture here.
- More information around the Brightidea profile here
- The new member landing page allow users to post updates by typing in the text box.
- The user also have the ability to upload a photo or video along with your update post.
- The user can also comment on the activity of other users.
- The number next to the "Action Items" tab indicates the number of open action items that a user has.
- Open action items may be in the form of scorecards or proposals.
- The "Action Items" page is divided into two sections, "Open Action Item" and "Completed Action Item."
- The date that an open action item is required to be completed by is shown to the right of a proposal or scorecard, and the the date that a completed action item was completed by is also shown to the right.
- It will give hyperlinks to access the users' action items to complete their tasks.
- Review this article on how to trigger action items
- The number next to the "Messages" tab indicates the number of unread messages.
- Review this article around private messages within Brightidea
- Users are able to manage their private messages between other Brightidea users here as well as sending a new message.
- The "Ideas" page is divided into three sections,"Posted Ideas," "Idea Draft" and "Comment On Ideas."
- In the "Posted Ideas" section, users are able to view details and manage ideas that you have posted.
- The "Idea Draft" section allows usersto edit Ideas that were not yet submitted but were saved as drafts.
- The "Comment On Ideas" sections allows users to view comments that they have made on ideas.
- The "Proposals" page displays all the proposals that the user is the owner of, as well as all proposals that you are participating in.
- To the right of a proposal displays the number of collaborators as well as the date it was updated.
- The "Projects" page displays all the projects the user is working on.
- To the right of a particular projects displays the number of collaborators as well as the date it was created or updated.
- All projects the user is affiliated with (owner or team) will be revealed on the "Projects" widget on the landing page when you login to WebStorm
- Click "Show all" to see an un-collapsed complete list
Projects I'm Following
- Displays all projects the user is currently following.
People I'm Following
- Displays the users the user is following.
- They will receive updates in their updates feed on their activity.
- Displays all statistics regarding the users' idea submissions, comments, and voting.
- Displays all WebStorms the user has access to.
- The Campaign (WebStorm) list on the member landing page has no defined logic that determines the order.
- It is not alphabetical or numerical.
- Displays access to any respective communities.
Important things to Note:
- The Member Landing page is hard coded for what is there now, but we can add mostly any widget(s) to this page.
- Users can access the member landing page by going to the Enterprise URL and simply adding "/home" at the end.
- Using domain restriction, administrator(s) can limit which users can see the Member Landing page by using email domain.
- If no domain restriction is set, any user can access this page.
Is it possible to apply the same layout of section "11. Your Statistics" to Webstorm's "Community Stats" widget?
Hello - unfortunately the designs are fixed for all out of the box widgets - you could however try and updating them using CSS.
On the main image above you've got a widget called My communities - I can't for the life of me find it and it's the one I'm looking for ... can you tell me where it is. THanks
That widget is just our regular beta community directory widget titled "My Communities". There is no actual "My Communities" widget in the software. If you'd like, I can go ahead and add that widget for you if needed.