Table of Contents
- Enable / Disabling Comments
- Comment Replies
- Attachments on Comments and Comment Replies
- Comment Anchor Links
- Editing / Deleting Comments
- Hiding Comments
- Voting on Comments
- Admin Comments
- Private Comments and Submitter Q&A
- Comment Reporting
- Important things to Note About Comments
Enabling / Disabling Comments
Our newest update to our Commenting interface can be enabled through Enterprise Setup > Beta tab.
If new Commenting is disabled, you will see a our legacy Comment option: Site Setup > Ideas > Comments
Make sure to "Save Changes" at the bottom!
Attachments on Comments & Comment Replies
Refer to this article regarding enabling attachments for comments - and comment replies.
Comment Anchor Links
Refer to this article regarding comment anchor links which allows comments to be shared easily via a condensed link.
Editing & Deleting Comments
The new Commenting experience will not allow any other User (including Admin) to edit a comment. Admins can still hide or delete comments, however they will not be able to edit End User comments. Our legacy commenting experience allows comment editing / deleting for the end users. Navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Comments > "Comment Editing for Submitter & "Comment Deleting for Submitter" Select "Save Changes"
End User Perspective: When enabled the idea commenter can see pencil and delete icon.
Important things to note about comment editing and deleting:
Hiding CommentsOnly Pipeline or System Administrators can hide comments from end users. For the Comments, the administrator can hide individual comments by selecting the "Hide" icon. This shows that the comment is still visible - and can be chosen be hidden:
The administrator can hide individual comments, and if that comment had replies, the replies will also be hidden - or the administrator can just hide replies. This is for both new and old experiences. Please be aware of the following when hiding parent and replied (child) comments: When hiding a parent comment, and the admin DOES NOT want the count of the children to show for the end user, he/she will need to hide the replied comments as well BEFORE hiding the parent. Due to the parent and child relationship, we need to keep the comments in this fashion due to the parent and child relationship. If the admin hides the parents, but do not hide the replied comments (child comments) - the end user will see a link to access those child comments, but will not be able to access them, which may cause confusion.
Voting on Comments
Refer to this article to find out more information around comment voting.
Refer to this article to find out more information around administrative comments.
Private Comments and Submitter Q&A
Administrators/Evaluators also have the ability to post other comment types on the View Submission page. Note: Private comments are visible only to administrators and evaluators. On the View Submission 2.0 page, click on the dropdown menu in the comments section to change the comment type when posting a comment:
- To post a private comment, select "Private" and enter your comment.
- Private comments will appear as yellow in the comments section of the idea.
- Only evaluators will receive notifications of new private comments.
- End users and idea submitter(s) will not be notified and will not have access to any private comments.
Submitter Q&A are private threads that allow the idea submitter(s) and idea team members to be involved in the comment thread with idea evaluators or administrators.
- To post a Submitter Q&A comment select "Submitter Q&A" from the dropdown menu in the comments section:
- After a Submitter Q&A comment is posted, a green "Submitter Q&A" label will appear around the comment.
- Comments marked as Submitter Q&A will be visible to the idea submitter and all evaluators on the idea.
- With this comment type, the idea submitter will be alerted with a notification.
- End users who are not part of the idea will not be notified and will not have access to these comments.
- Refer to this article to find out more information around using these comment types on action items.
- As a Pipeline or System administrator, the admin can export all comments on ideas within each WebStorm.
- To do so - navigate to Site Setup > Exports > Ideas
- Select the "Download Ideas" report and the admin has to make sure to select "Include Idea comments"
Important things to Note:
- We now support an Emoji Picker! Feel free to express your true feeling through comments
- There is no character limit for comments.
- HTML is stripped from comments.
- Comments trigger significant amount of email templates - see the Email Templates guide to become familiar