Brightidea uses the latest SOLR search technology directly integrated within the entire platform. Solr supports real-time indexing and is one of the most popular Enterprise search solutions.
Tips for Search, and what will work:
For Example, if my idea was:
Idea Code: D100
Title: Green Technology
Description: We need new process.
The following will work in Brightidea’s Search in the text box to find this specific idea:
- Green Technology
- We need new process
- New process
- Please note:
- By default, all results with matches found in idea titles are returned first.
- The secondary order is based on database field indexing.
- Users need to search with at least three characters minimum to return any matching results.
- Search logic uses “and” only, not “or”
- Quotes ( " ") only comes in action when users have two or more words
- Idea title matches will be first...search results does not count the weight of matching word to show up first
- Enterprise level searches across:
- Idea Titles
- Idea Description
- Blog Posts
- Users (Screen name and/or email)
- WebStorm Titles
- WebStorm level searches across:
- Blog Posts
- Idea Titles
- Idea Descriptions
Search Type - Ahead
- Search type-ahead allows automatic results when a user attempts to search in the Brightidea system.
- An automatic drop-down will display to auto-suggest results the system feels it should give the user.
Search Enterprise / WebStorm Toggle
- Global Navigation at the WebStorm level allow the user to either search the Enterprise or WebStorm level depending on the configuration.
- In Webstorm Setup --> Enterprise tab, set the option called "Allow users to search other Pipelines" which will allow Global Navigation to search either Enterprise (All Pipelines) or Webstorm.
- When searching the user will see the WebStorm name in the search bar indicating that they are searching the given WebStorm only:
- If the user would like to search the entire Enterprise level instead, they can close the WebStorm search by selecting the "X" or simply pressing the backspace on their keyboard.
Important Things to Note:
- Project search is only available on Enterprise level at this time.
- Search History report is available on the WebStorm level for administrators
- The search feature has no “remove filter” functionality.
- If user wishes to clear a search result screen, the user must start a new search or navigate back to homepage.
- There is no customization of the Enterprise search unfortunately.
- In Enterprise, if a user is not a part of a group within a WebStorm, they will not be able to search for an idea within that WebStorm.
- For Example: if John Adams was in Group A in WebStorm A. And he searches for an idea in Group B in WebStorm B, he will only search for ideas within WebStorm A.
- If user chooses to not select: "Allow all users to see extra questions" - search will also respect this setting in search by filtering out results
- It is not possible to search the Enterprise level from the WebStorm level at this time.
- User search results do not filter by any restrictions (group or domain)
- The community search feature works similarly to Enterprise search.
- One difference being, searching within a community will only search WebStorms that are part of that community.