Everything You Need to Know About 'Idea Status Changes'
Idea status changes are a critical point in the idea development process. (Read more details on idea statuses, here) As Innovation Program Managers & Challenge Administrators make initial decisions on which ideas to move forward, leveraging status changes are a very pivotal step for end users to know if their ideas are indeed moving forward or not. In this article, we will review all the details with idea status changes!
Table of Contents
- Changing Idea Status via Pipeline
- Changing Idea Status via WebStorm
- Changing Idea Status via Rules Engine
- Reputation Point Allocation when Changing Status
- Idea Status Change Email Templates
Changing Idea Status via Pipeline Management
- Idea statuses in Pipeline can be changed from both Step View and List View
- To edit an idea status from the Step View, the administrator can click on the idea(s) and either click the "Actions" button or right click and then select "Change Status"
- Once "Change Status" is selected the administrator will see a pop up box to select the new status:
- The administrator will have the option to "Add Idea Status Change Reason."
- If an Idea Status Change Reason is included the admin also has the options to
- Include in Email Notification
- Include as an Idea Comment
- Add as an Admin Comment
- To submit the status change click "Change Status"
- After "Change Status" is submitted the user will see a pop up to confirm the status change
- There are two ways to edit an idea status from List View
- One way is to highlight the idea(s) by selecting the checkbox in the left column and then click the "Actions" button or right click and then select "Change Status"
- Once selected the admin will be prompted to fill out the same pop up box from Step View
- The second way to change an idea status from list view is with Inline Editing
- To begin make sure that "Status" is an enabled column in the List View by selecting "Status" from the gear icon:
- Navigate to the "Status" column and click directly on the idea status:
- The administrator will be prompted to select a new idea status from the drop down menu:
- Once selected the administrator can click anywhere outside of the status box and the new status will automatically save:
Changing Idea Status via Submission View Page
- Please note, that this is for an administrator/moderator only.
- Navigate to the View Submission page,
- Select the pencil icon on the top left under the submission title.
- Once selected, the submission status can be changed.
- Once this is conducted, any necessary email notifications will be sent out to respective users.
Changing Idea Status via Rules Engine
- Using automated custom rules, the administrator can trigger an automatic status change based on specific conditions.
- Read more about how to do conduct that, here!
Reputation Point Allocation when Changing Status
- We now have the capability to give reputation points to users if their idea status is changed to something specific.
- To read more about reputation points, refer to this article.
- In WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Statuses, the administrator will see a section for 'Status Reputation Points:
- Note that if the statuses are configured on the Enterprise level, there will be link to Enterprise to view, as well as show all statuses.
- Each status can be given points (i.e. any idea moving forward might garner users to get extra points) The administrator can add those allotments and select 'Save Changes'!
- If any idea is changed to a specific status, and that has a point allotment, that idea's submitter will receive those reputation points.
- These points will be reflected in:
Idea Status Change Email Templates
- Please note the respective emails that will be triggered when an idea's status is changed.
- You must configure your email template for status change on the Enterprise/Pipeline level.
- To configure the email templates on the Pipeline level, refer to this article.
- Please make sure the dynamic field called [STATUS_CHANGE_REASON] is in the template if you are using status change reason functionality.
- The administrator can configure both Idea Status Change email templates (one for subscribers /contributors, one for the submitter)