The Brightidea 'User Import' feature will make the import process of your users very simple and easy.
Please navigate to Enterprise Setup --> Users --> User Import:
How to import users:
- First, we need the default template to fill out. Download the template into Excel and make sure everything is correct.
- Please check that email and screen name are confirmed!
- Please remove all spaces and special characters from email addresses field.
- Confirm the settings of the Excel template.
- Make sure the administrator saves an .XLS file
- Below is a sample a correct .xls template:
- Save the file to desktop
- Select Upload File and select the recently saved file.
- Once selected, the User Import will automatically scan the import and give the administrator a preview before finalizing the import:
- Select "Import Users" to complete!
- The administrator will receive a popup status and verification when all set.
Important things to Note:
- Additional Profile Fields can be imported via User Import
- Administrators can upload profile images within the User Import.
- In the template, there is a column for 'Profile Photo URL'.
- The administrator can enter in a publicly accessible URL that leads to the respective users' photo
- This photo cannot be an internal URL from your organization if it requires authentication to view.
- If the administrator does not want any photos to imported, please leave all cells empty.
- The Import Wizard will prompt the administrator if it finds duplicate emails already in the system or error'ed email addresses.
- Brightidea recommends no more than 500 rows per each import to alleviate any delay into importing.
- No emails or triggers are sent to anyone - once users are imported.