Option one: Pipeline Group Import
Within Pipeline Setup > Participants, a link will be available allowing Admins to Import Users into Groups.
Clicking on this link will bring up a dialog box with an option to import a Group List.
The Group Import Template can easily be downloaded by clicking on the blue "Download Template" button when viewing the dialog box. Once the template has been downloaded, insert the required data to update your Users into Groups.
- Groups and users must be created prior to the import.
- Users are not created using the group import feature - if you need to create new users in an import setting - please leverage the user import feature
- If you need to create your group(s) manually first - use this step by step process.
Option two: Enterprise Setup Group Import
- Save your template in .xls format
- Upload your file by selecting: "Upload File"
- The wizard will confirm:
- If the member already exists in the group
- If the member exists in the system.
- You will then have the option to import the correct ones or go back to edit by selecting "Cancel"
- Once you are finished, select "Import"
- The administrator will receive a pop-up confirmation. Finished!
- If you need to run multiple group imports - please refresh your page after each finished import to start clean with each batch.
Other Things to Note:
- When you try to use Bulk Group Import and some of the email addresses are either not in the system or in the system - the wizard will check for that - it will account all duplicates, not registered users, or add user to a group more than once.
- Adding additional fields in the template will not create new profile fields.
- We recommend no more than 500 rows per each import to alleviate any performance/timeout issues with the network.
I'm about to import and it's saying to me, even though I've got email addresses in the email column and one group name in the group column:
130 groups will be created
Is this just a bug and 130 groups will not be created?
I believe that's just an incorrect label there, please go ahead and import. Just make sure the group is indeed the same for all users.
Can I import users are not registered yet to a group? I have already import the users but they haven't access brightidea for the first time yet.
Yes, if the users exist in your system (e.g. imported using user import), they can be added to a group. They do not need to have logged in.