Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Manage Recipients
- Label Editing
- Submitting a WebStorm Request
- Managing WebStorm Requests
- The administrator(s) will need to add the "Request Initiative" widget from the Enterprise or Initiative widget list to the desired pages.
- This widget will allow any user (a potential Business Sponsor) to request an Initiative of their own from the system administrator(s)
- This feature allows users to update the recipients that are emailed when a new request is submitted
- To configure the recipients select "Manage Recipients"
- Next search for the user's email and add it to the selected users list
- Don't forget to select update to save your changes
- After the user submits their Initiative Request, the requesting user and the configured recipients will be notified via email.
- The user will receive the email message confirming their request has been submitted.
- Email message: WebStorm Request Received
- The recipients will receive an email notification confirming a new request was submitted.
- Email template: WebStorm Request Notification
- All WebStorm Request email messages can be updated in Enterprise Setup --> Site --> System Email Messages
- The recipients will also receive a notification alerting them of the new WebStorm request in their notification drop-down menu,
- Within the Initiative request form administrators have the option to change labels
- To change the labels on the request form select "View Request Form"
- Once the administrator views the request form they can select "Enable Label Edit Mode"
- After label editing is enabled they will be able to edit labels on the form
Submitting a WebStorm Request
- After selecting the "Request a WebStorm" button via the "Request WebStorm" widget, the user will be redirected to the WebStorm Request Form page (Example URL: https://company.brightidea.com/request):
- The user will need to fill out the form fields on the request page including:
- The name for the potential WebStorm
- The department within the company that its meant for (if applicable)
- The WebStorm Sponsor
- Details of what the WebStorm will entail, and what they hope to achieve.
- Desired Start date and WebStorm duration
- Target Audience or Departments
- Additional Notes
- The WebStorm Request Form will allow the user to request a new WebStorm from the system administrator(s) after filling out all fields and selecting the "Submit Request" button at the bottom.
- The user receives a confirmation screen once submitted!
Managing WebStorm Requests
- Any system administrator may review the WebStorm Request Form under Enterprise Setup --> WebStorms --> WebStorm Requests, and decide to create a WebStorm or cancel the request.
- To review the individual WebStorm Report form, select the WebStorm Request title from the Manage WebStorm Requests list.
- Selecting the title will direct the administrator to the completed WebStorm Request page to fully review the request.
- To create a new WebStorm from a WebStorm Request, select the "Create" button:
- After selecting the "Create" button, the Administrator will be redirected to the Enterprise Setup --> WebStorm --> Create WebStorm tab to create the WebStorm from the selected request.
- Note, when creating a new WebStorm from a WebStorm Request, the Create WebStorm Wizard will automatically pull the WebStorm Name, Sponsor and Topic fields from the WebStorm request form filled out by the requesting user.
- After the new WebStorm is created from the WebStorm request, the user who requested the WebStorm will automatically receive the email message: "Your requested WebStorm has been created!" with a URL to navigate to their new WebStorm.
- Email template: WebStorm Request Completed
- This email template can be updated in Enterprise Setup, as well.
- The administrator can navigate to the new WebStorm by selecting the "View" button under the Manage WebStorm Requests list:
- The Administrator can also manage the status of each WebStorm Request via the action menu to:
- Request will be set to open and a WebStorm can be created from the request by selecting the green "Create" button
- Request will be set to canceled, no further action need to be taken on the administrator's part.
- WebStorm Requests has been approved by the Administrator and new WebStorm created, the "Create" button will change to a "View" button in this status.
- Note: The administrator has the option to filter the status of the requests on the top right of the screen.