- To begin navigate to Enterprise Setup > Users > Manage
Searching for Users
- Under the manage tab you can search for users by typing in their user name or email address
- Once you find the user click on their name in the drop down menu and click on "Select"
- Once you locate the appropriate user account you have several options to manage it
Updating User Profile
- To update the user profile click "Show Details" next to their user name.
- You can update all the user profile fields within the text boxes.
- Don't forget to save changes when finished!
Block or Unblock Users
- To block the user clock on the "Block User" button
- A blocked user will not be able to access the system.
- Please note: If a user is blocked their statistics such as votes, ideas, and comments will remain intact.
- You can view a list of all blocked users by navigating to Setup > Users > Blocked Users
- To unblock a blocked user click on "Unblock User" on the user management page.
- The user will now be able to fully participate in the system.
- You can delete a user by clicking "Delete User"
- Click "yes" when prompted on the confirmation message
- Important Note: Deleted users cannot be restored. All associated ideas/votes/comments will be deleted!
Reset a User's Password
- If a user is having trouble logging into the system you can reset their password.
- Click on "Reset Password" and an email will be sent to the user with instructions on how they can reset their password.
Create a New User Account
- On the user management page you have the option of creating new accounts
- Click on "New Account" you will be asked to provide a Login Name and Email
- Click "Create" to finish
Create a New Admin
- User management also involves setting Enterprise and Site/Pipeline administrators
- Navigate to Enterprise Setup > Users > Administrators
- Under "System Administrators" search for the appropriate user and click "Add Administrator"
- The user will have full administrator privileges in the entire Enterprise (all Sites/Challenges)
- To delete an administrator click on the red "X" next to the appropriate user name.
- To add a Site/Pipeline administrator navigate to Site Setup > Users > Administrators
- Search for the user under "Site/Pipeline Administrators" and click "Add Administrator"
- The user will now have administrator privileges to this Site
Configure User Groups
- Another part of user management is setting up user groups
- You have the ability to create, modify and delete user groups
- To do this navigate to Enterprise Setup > Users > Groups
- You can either search for an existing group or create a new one
- To search for an existing group enter the group name into the search box
- You also have the option of displaying all groups by clicking on "Show All Groups"
- To create a new group enter the group name and click on "Create Group"
- Once the a group is located/created you can manage the users within that group
- To add a new user search for the User Name or Email in the search field then select "Add Member"
- If you want to delete a user from a group select the red "X" next to their user name
- After finishing setting up the group the next step is to assign that group to a Site
- To do this Navigate to Enterprise Setup > Sites > Manage Sites
- Select the Site from the drop-down menu
- Once you select the Site search for the group name on the left, select the group name and move it to the right box via the double arrow
- Don't forget to save changes
- The Site will now be group restricted to only the users in that particular group