This article is for Submissions that have already been created (applying videos to View Idea page). If you would to know how to add videos to Post Submission pages, please see our support article here.
Videos are a great way for Users to share information within their Submissions. External videos can be applied onto any Submission in just a few easy steps. Let's review the options that are available.
YouTube, Vimeo and MS Stream embed codes
Users can take a video from YouTube, Vimeo or MS Stream copy the embed code, and apply it to the Description of their Submissions.
- Note: MS Stream will only embed by using the embed code. YouTube and Vimeo can embed by using the embed code or the direct URL.
1. Find your video from YouTube, Vimeo or MS Stream
2. Right-click onto the video and choose "Copy embed code"
3. Go to your View Submission page within Brightidea and add to the Description Rich Text Editor.
4. Save your new changes and you can now watch your videos within Brightidea!
Send Video files via Email
If a User has a video on their phone or laptop that they want to share, they can send that file as an 'Email Submission'.
Also, as long as the video file is an AVI, MP4, WMV, or MOV, then the video will be sent with the Submission as an Attachment.
For more on Email Submissions, feel free to review our support article here.
For more on Submission Attachments, feel free to review our support article here.
- Brightidea does not host videos onto our servers.
- Maximum size for a video file is 100MB.