Table of Contents:
- Creating the Newsletter
- Adding Newsletter Recipients
- Adding Newsletter Content
- Managing Your Newsletters
- Sending the Newsletter
- Delete Newsletter Warning
- Important Things to Note
As of the 2022 Spring Release, Newsletters can now be created and managed at the initiative-level. Initiative-level Newsletters can be found in Site Setup > Site > Newsletters. Newsletters created at the initiative-level can only be scheduled and sent for that specific initiative.
Dynamic fields can also now be added to initiative-level newsletters. When editing a newsletter, you will now see a new dropdown with dynamic fields that can be inserted into the subject or body of the newsletter. Like other dynamic fields in email notifications, once the newsletter is sent, it will populate with the correct information.
Finally, when creating a new Solve app, if you choose to create your initiative with the recommended newsletters, they will now be created at the initiative-level instead of at the system-level.
Creating the Newsletter
- Selecting the “Create a Newsletter” button will replace the pane with an empty Newsletter form
Adding Newsletter Recipients
- Clicking on “Add Recipients” will allow the System Administrator to add the users he/she wishes to send this newsletter to
- The pop-up will allow users to add both individual users and/or existing user groups to the recipients list.
- The administrator can select as many users and/or groups as needed, including the 'ALL' group which is every user in their Brightidea system
Adding Newsletter Content
- The system administrator can feel free to add any text and HTML to their newsletter body.
- Note there is a max of 100 characters for the newsletter subject line.
- The administrator can select 'Save' to save it for later delivery or to work on again later.
Managing Your Newsletters
- Once any newsletter is saved, selecting on the Newsletter title will bring the user to the filled out version of the newsletter
- The 'Date Sent', 'Created By' and 'Last Updated' will show when the newsletter is saved
- The administrator has the option to delete the newsletter by selecting the right hand side 'X'.
Sending the Newsletter
- When the administrator is ready with their recipient list and their newsletter content, he/she selects “Send Newsletter”
- A warning box with the number of recipients it is going to be sent to a confirmation pop-up screen.
- The user must confirm this is correct by selecting the 'Send Newsletter' button
Delete Newsletter Warning
- If a user clicks the red "X" to delete a newsletter the warning pop-up
Important Things to Note:
- The newsletter inherits the Enterprise Contact Email setup in Enterprise Setup. Therefore all newsletters triggered will come from this address when sent to the administrators' audience.
- This is located in Enterprise Setup > Site > Components > Contact Email
- Attachments cannot be appended to newsletters.
- Newsletters may take a few minutes or hours to get to the target audience depending on size of the recipients.
- Newsletter is only available on Enterprise level, not Initiative/Site.
- If any emails do not get received, please verify the system email settings, as well as the users' personal profile settings
- The subject line for the newsletter can be up to 100 characters.