Table of Contents:
- To enable the new page, please navigate to WebStorm Setup --> "Ideas" tab and enable "Post Submission 2.0"
- Note: The submissions will not work in older versions of IE, only IE10+ is supported.
- Please ensure your users are not on IE8 or have access to an alternative browser before enabling the new submissions page!
- The Post Submission page provides all of the functionality from the existing submission page plus many new additional features below:
- An all new modern and streamlined design right out of the box!
- Embedded Video/Images
- New Rich Text Editor
- Private File Upload
- Submission Preview
- Users now have the options to embed videos or images within the description field using the Rich Text editor.
- To embed a video or image select either the "Insert Image" or "Insert Video" option as shown below:
- Once either option is selected the submitter can select an image file, insert Video Embed Code, or a Youtube/Vimeo Link
- After either a video or image is selected it will display within the description on the View Submission 2.0 page:
Rich Text Editor
- Brightidea has added a new Rich Text Editor to the submission page:
The Rich Text Editor will include many existing features plus several new ones including:
- Font Size
- Font Color
- Bold, Italicize, Underline, Strikethrough
- Unordered and ordered list
- Horizontal rule
- Attach inline image
- Create url
- Embed video
- The New Rich Text Editor is available for both description and long text answer field types.
- New to the submission page is the preview feature.
- Once the submitter begins to fill out the submission form they will see the live preview results in the Submission Board preview located on the right side of the page:
- The submitter also has the option of seeing how their submission will appear in the View Submission page prior to submission by selecting "preview" button:
- The submitter will be redirected to the View Submission preview page where they can see how their submission will appear
- When the submitter is finished viewing the preview they can select "Back To Submission/Idea"
- The Post Submission 2.0 page default question text can now be edited using the submission form edit page in WebStorm/Challenge setup here.
- The Post Submission page does not support any widgets.