Brightidea Community Administrators have the ability to manage WebStorms/Pipelines within their Community including access to all associated WebStorm and respective setup areas described below.
- Within Communities, the System Administrator can give a user Community Administrative rights.
- To configure Community Administrators please follow these steps:
- Go to the Community Landing page, and select Setup link, the administrator should be on an URL that looks somewhat like this:
- Select Setup ----> WebStorms ---> Communities tabs
- Select the community from the list.
- On the far right, the admin will see a section that says "Community Administrators"
- Once there, add any users to be a Community Administrator
- Note: Any system administrator is inherently a community administrator already and do not need to be added here.
- Once a Community Administrator is configured for a given Community, they will have complete access to that Community's setup area.
- With the Community setup area, administrators are able to:
- Change the Community design, Navigation links and email settings.
- Manage users and groups
- Block users
- Manage & Create WebStorms within the community
- and more!
Creating a New WebStorm as a Community Administrator
- The community administrator has the ability to create new WebStorms/Challenges within their community.
- Click here to learn more about creating new WebStorms
- Community administrators also have ability to create WebStorms from Brightidea's pre-built Applications by clicking "Click here" in the top banner on the Create WebStorm tab:
- Once selected, they will be redirected to Brightidea's Applications page in our Pipeline Manage area.
- To learn more about Brightidea's Applications click here
- Note: For any new WebStorm or App created, they will automatically be linked to the Community in which they were created and the Administrator who created them will automatically have Administrator access.
WebStorm Access as a Community Administrator
- Once a Challenge/WebStorm is created, it automatically gets added to the Community in which it was created.
- The Community Administrator will have full administrator rights in those WebStorms/Pipelines.
- This includes:
- If you are on Brightidea's Admin-based licensing, each user who is configured as a Community Administrator on your Brightidea site will count as an admin license towards your Brightidea subscription.