The User Home is a personal innovation dashboard that is configured for each specific User. Now every innovator can easily see all their Submissions, Activities, Projects, Metrics and much more.
Table of Contents
- How To Enable
- Viewing Your User Homepage
- Important Notes
How To Enable
User Homepage feature is not enabled by default for all systems. You can find your User Homepage options within your Enterprise Setup > Site > User Homepage.
If your Brightidea does not show this feature, please contact your Account Manager or the Brightidea Support team to have them enable for you.
From this page, Admins can set the User profile page to either a Member Landing Page or a User Homepage.
The User Homepage will have several options you can apply -
- Helpful Links
Also, Admins will be able to set the User Homepage to be the landing page as soon as they log in. This setting can be found under Enterprise Setup > Site > General Settings.
Important Note: At this time, User Home page will only redirect Users that login through the login page or if they click on their company logo within Global Navigation.
Viewing Your User Homepage
Once you have confirmed your User Homepage is enabled, you will see a new options underneath your User icon that links to 'Home', 'Profile', 'Settings' and 'Log Out'.
- NOTE: If you do not see the dropdown options, please contact your Brightidea Account Manager to enable for you.
The 'Home' link is your new User Homepage that will show everything from User Highlights, My Ideas, My Submissions, Projects and Helpful Links.
Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the user homepage by adding /userhome to your URL, for example: customer.brightidea.com/userhome
The user homepage URL can also be added to your Enterprise dynamic navigation by adding link with dynamic field [User Home]:
The User Homepage is broken down into different sections that are organized for an easier Submission engagement.
NEW: Activity Feed
The Activity Feed has been updated to organize activity to two main streams. My Feed and All Activity
- My Feed: Shows content that is only relevant to Submissions/Initiatives you have engaged with
- All Activity: Shows all engagement to Initiatives you have access to
Hovering over Users screen names will also allow you to View their Profile or Follow them
Finally, hovering over the timestamp link will take you to the Submission/Initiative that was engaged with
The Highlights section will be all engagement other Users have made towards your Submissions, comments, or Initiatives you are a part of.
Here, you will also see a section for Key Performance Indicator (or Metrics) that your account has been a part of.
You may enable such KPIs/Metrics as Ideas, Activities, Submissions, Collaborators, Projects, and Business Impact. Hovering over each of these KPIs/Metrics will provide a tool tip with more information.
Also, Administrators can enable a Administrator Message that will display on all User's Homepage with a custom message.
The Activities section will show all Initiatives/Sites that your account has access to. Only Sites that you have access to (not permissions for) will show in this section.
If you are an Administrator, take note that this section is not meant for you to manage these Sites.
NEW: Initiatives that are in pre-launch will now show a countdown within the Activities tab
The My Ideas section is for all your captured ideas that you have quickly recorded into Brightidea. These Ideas are not assigned to any Initiative and are "free-floating" until they have been organized by you.
The My Submissions section is for all ideas, projects, opportunities, etc. you have submitted and showing the Initiative that each Submission belongs to. You can also see any Team Submissions that you are a part of.
This section also has a tab that allows you to view any Drafts you have.
NEW: You can now delete any drafts by clicking the Trash Can icon in the bottom-right corner
To edit this section, you will need to edit your Navigation.
- Not all components of the User Homepage are label editable or can be translated.
- The design of the page is not customizable at this time and widgets are not supported.
- If you set the home page of your Brightidea site to 'User Homepage', when your users login, they will automatically be re-directed to that page.
- Also, the logo in the Global Navigation bar will direct users to the 'User Homepage'.
- Essentially, this will replace your current Enterprise homepage with the 'User Homepage'.
- The logo within the Global Navigation Bar will now link to your User Homepage if this setting is enabled.
- Please note, once the 'User Homepage' is enabled, this will replace the previous 'Member Landing page'.
- If you are utilizing our Private Messages feature, please note, the User Homepage does not support Private Messaging at this time., you will need to keep the Member Landing Page enabled if that is required for your site.