Information noted from Salesforce Community
Work your way toward complying with various data protection and privacy regulations. Regardless of the regulations and policies with which you’re complying, we give you guidance to help you evaluate the best way to meet your requirements.
Data protection and privacy regulations can require you and your company to keep individuals’ personal data secure and private. We’ve listed some of the regulations that are important to many companies collecting and processing their customers’ data.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), European Union
- Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), Japan
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), United States
- Privacy Act, Australia
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Canada
Various regulations can include principles that are similar to one another. So we give you guidance on some of the common privacy principles.
- Data Deletion: Delete Personal Data
Get guidance on deleting personal data as you comply with various data protection and privacy regulations. We give you examples of common customer requests and things to consider. That way, you can determine how to best comply with the regulations that apply to your company.
- Consent Management: Track Customer Consent
Track your customers’ approval for how your company interacts with them. To help you assess your compliance with various data protection and privacy regulations, we give you examples of common customer requests. And we provide details to help you determine the best way to comply with the regulations that apply to your company.
- Restriction of Processing: Restrict How to Process Personal Data
Prevent the processing of your customers’ data when situations require you to do so. We give guidance on how to restrict forms of data processing. That way, you can work toward complying with the laws that are important to your company.
- Data Access and Portability: Give Customers Their Data when They Want It
Export customer-related data when customers request it, so that you can work toward complying with various data protection and privacy regulations. We give you examples of common customer requests and things to consider when you evaluate your compliance with the regulations that apply to you.