Summer 2021 Product Update
As we move into summer, signs of improvement abound from economic recovery to declining Covid rates. With things looking up and rebounding, we are looking forward to a delayed start to the Roaring ’20s, and letting the good times roll. Our Summer Release includes features, enhancements, and partnerships that are aimed at opening things up for innovation managers, as well as any other teams looking to leverage the power of idea management.
Brightidea's most recent software release took effect on Wednesday, June 16th 2021, at 9:00 AM PDT.
For an overview of our Summer 2021 Update, see our blog post here. The following updates and improvements have been made:
Top Ideas - New Feature
Brightidea’s Top Ideas interface allows admins to surface the best ideas at a glance, via several different criteria such as: top rated from evaluations, most popular, most active, and even those with the most merit. Leveraging the Meritology algorithm taps into the power of machine learning to combine and weigh multiple factors, automagically producing the ideas that should win. Our Meritology algorithm is the only technology available on the market that applies machine learning to yield idea managers their best possible ideas.
With the Top Ideas interface you can:
- Easily discover the best ideas at a glance via multiple criteria.
- Leverage the Brightidea Meritology algorithm to apply machine learning to surface the best ideas.
- Quickly push the best ideas to your JIRA instance with a few clicks.
- Create your own personal lists of ideas, and save them to follow up on later.
- Update status straight from Top Ideas interface.
Check out more about the Top Ideas Interface here.
The Brightidea JIRA Integration gives you the the power to make sure ideas are easily moved through your project management process. With our Jira integration you can push any idea into JIRA with just a few clicks. Our integration can leverage your native JIRA installations, whether on local servers or cloud-deployed. We can also link to your JIRA tickets straight from Brightidea, so that everyone stays in the loop.
Learn more about the JIRA Integration here!
We have improved our search performance, and added additional functionality to make Search easier to use and more relevant. Some improvements and enhancements include:
- Updates to indexing and enhanced search speed
- Deep links directly to team workspaces, pipelines, and ideas
- Added hotkeys and keyboard commands for search
- Removed deactivated users from results
- Search for exact matches using “ “
- Exclude terms by adding - in front of the term
See more about Search here.
List View for Idea Boards
Another feature aimed at opening up discoverability and ease of use is the new list view for Idea Boards. Idea Boards List view is an alternative to the traditional visual-heavy card view, and is meant to make finding and viewing ideas simpler and faster. This new view option makes it quicker and easier than ever to scan ideas in your Initiatives.
Check out the Idea Boards view options here!
Login and Registration Background Customization
You now have the ability to customize the look of your Brightidea system's Login and Registration screen. You can display your organization's logo on the Login page. We have also added options to change the background color of the Login page, upload an image, or customize the background with your own custom CSS code.
See more about customizing the Login and Registration Page here.
Additional Updates and Enhancements
This release includes the following additional features and fixes as well.
- The Action Items Manager is now available at the Initiative level.
- The Submission Form Builder has an updated look and feel, and field answers can now be reordered.
- Additional currency support has been added to the Business Impact Tab.
- Idea Box Manager roles can now be managed from the Pipeline Setup > Roles page of the main sub-pipeline for Idea Boxes.
- Resolved an issue in which open Development Action Items returned an error saying the action items were deleted.