The 'End User' in Brightidea has the ability to participate in any Challenge/WebStorm that they are given access to (based on groups/domain restrictions).
End users can submit ideas, votes and comments and perform many other actions!
This article will help instruct your end users with using many of the Challenge/Webstorm features in Brightidea!
What does this article cover?
- Posting an Idea
- Voting on an Idea
- Commenting on an Idea
- Navigating around Ideas
- Editing your Profile
- Subscribing to an idea or category
- Upon logging into the WebStorm with their email and password, the user will generally see a button to submit a new idea.
- On the idea submission form page, the user can enter the following fields:
- Title of the idea (Required)
- Description of the idea (Required)
- Attach any attachments that may help assist in communicating their idea (7mb max)
- Select category from a pre‐populated list (Required)
- Add any key words or “Tags” that will help find the idea later (Optional)
- Answer any additional submission form questions (Optional)
- When finished select the “Post Idea” button
- The user will then be navigated to the ‘View Ideas’ page which will display their idea.
- On the Idea View page, the user is able to vote (or demote) on any idea in the Challenge/WebStorm.
- Also, depending on voting options, the user can allocate ‘chip’ votes to the idea.
- If the user likes the idea, he/she can then vote on it by selecting the upward arrow “Promote” on the left-hand panel.
- The same goes for demotion, the user would select the downward arrow to “Demote” (if the option is turned on).
- The points for that idea will increase or decrease immediately depending on the points structure predetermined by the administrator.
- On the View Ideas page, the user is able to comment on any idea that they have access to.
- Users can also reply to comments made by other users on any idea.
- The user can freely type in a comment on the View Idea page.
- To attach any relevant documents to the comment, the user can do so by clicking on the “attach” button.
- After clicking on “Post Comment”, the comment will be posted and an email alert will go out to the idea submitter and subscriber alerting them of the new comment.
- Reminder: The following attachment file types are supported by Brightidea: JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, AVI, WMV, MOV.
Navigating around Ideas
- End users can browser and filter all ideas in any Challenge/WebStorm using Brightidea Idea Boards.
- All ideas are visible to the end user unless they are hidden by the administrator.
- Widgets in Brightidea allow users to be presented with content and also help them navigate around the site depending on how the site administrators have set things up.
- Upon logging in, the user will generally see the “My Profile” link in the top navigation bar.
- Once there, the user can edit their profile by selecting “Edit Profile” link on the page.
- On the profile edit page, the user can edit all fields including:
- Change Profile Picture
- First/Last name
- Attributes (Job Title, Address, Phone#)
- Work History/Skills
- Email Settings in regards to idea activity in WebStorm
- Any other custom profile fields
- Save all changes to your profile settings by selecting “Save Updates”
- On the idea page, the user can subscribe to any idea or category in the WebStorm.
- To subscribe to ideas and/or categories, on the Idea page click on the envelope icon and select the idea or category check-box.
- If you subscribe to an idea, the user will receive an email when:
- Status of the idea is changed
- A comment is made on the idea
- Category of the idea is changed
- WebStorm of the idea is changed
- If you subscribe to a category, the user will receive an email when:
- A new idea has been submitted to the subscribed category
- A new comment is made to ideas under the subscribed category.
Please comment below with any questions or feedback, Happy Innovating!