Use Mobile 5 to rally and inspire employees — wherever they are — to contribute ideas and collaborate with fellow colleagues to uncover the best solutions for your business challenges.
Table of Contents:
- After downloading and signing into your Brightidea Mobile Application you will be directed to the Initiative/Site list.
- From there you will see a list of Initiatives that have been added to your mobile application via the Visual Initiative List Widget
- On the top right you can access your notifications via the notification icon:
- Within the mobile application you will receive notifications for:
- Comments on your idea(s).
- Comments on ideas you have commented on (subscribed).
- If someone votes on your comment.
- Please Note: You cannot vote on comments through the mobile application. This will only display on the mobile application when a vote on a comment is made through Brightidea's desktop application.
- Votes on your idea
- Tags on your idea
- User tagging
- On the top left, you can access the Menu icon to navigate through the application:
- Within this tab users can select:
- Search: Users can search for ideas, users, comments, updates, and blog posts
- Profile: By selecting your profile the user can view their profile information as well as ideas they have submitted:
- Initiatives: Directs the user back to the Initiative/Site List:
- Notifications: Directs the user to their Notifications list:
- Activity Feed: Directs users to the Activity Feed page, users can either access the "Global Feed" (Enterprise) or "My Feed":
- Invite a Colleague: In this tab the user can enter in a colleague's email address and the colleague will receive an email with instructions to download the mobile application in either iTunes or Google Play stores:
- Settings: Here the user can enable/disable notification settings or sound settings.
Posting An Idea
- Back on either the Initiative list or Initiative homepage you will see the post idea icon on the bottom of the screen:
- When you click on the icon you have five options for posting idea:
- Make an Audio Recording: Create a recording by allowing Brightidea's application to access your mobile's microphone. After finished recording you will be directed to the Post Idea page. After submission the recording will be submitted as a .m4a file in the "Attachments" tab.
- Take a Photo: By allowing Brightidea's application to access your phone's camera you can take a photo that will be the idea image after submission.
- Post Idea: This brings the user directly to the Post Idea page.
- Please note: The mobile Post Idea page does not support Rich Text editing.
- Attach an Existing Photo: By allowing Brightidea's application to access your phone's photos you can choose an image from your phone's photo library that will be the idea image after submission.
- Sketch Idea: This allows the user to draw an image that will be the idea image after submission.
- On the Initiative homepage the user can:
- Subscribe to Initiative
- View Popular Ideas: Based on Votes
- By selecting "All Ideas" the user can see a list of all ideas within that Initiative/Site and sort them by "Recent", "Random", and "Popular"
- View Recent Activity
- By selecting "All Updates" the user can view all activity within that Initiative/Site
- On the View Idea page the user can:
- Subscribe to idea
- View idea details
- Vote on Ideas/ See Idea voting details
- Post comments and attachments
- On the view idea page the user can swipe left/right on their phone to few the next/previous idea. This feature works similar to "Next and Previous" buttons.
Important Things to Note:
- Users can only search and view blog posts, there is no post blog functionality in the Brightidea Mobile Application.
- Brightidea Mobile does not support idea editing, ideas can only be edited through the desktop site.
- Brightidea Mobile does not support chip voting, only regular up/down voting.