System Administrators have with unlimited administrative abilities in Brightidea including the right to access all data on their Brightidea site and manage all System/Enterprise and WebStorm/Pipelines features.
- The System Administrator user role can be configured in Enterprise setup under Setup --> Users --> Administrators
What can the 'System Administrator' role access and what actions can they perform?
- Through global navigation System Administrators will be able to access all Pipelines via the 'Command Center'.
- The System Administrator will have complete access to the Command Center, People, Apps, Innovations, Analytics, and Knowledge Base areas.
- Full Access to Enterprise Setup and all options including:
- Full Access to WebStorm setup and its options including:
- System administrators have the ability to add, remove, and edit widgets on both Enterprise and WebStorm level.
- Click here to learn more.
- System administrators have the ability to change labels at Enterprise and WebStorm level via both the setup menus and Label Edit Mode
- Click here to learn more.
- System Administrators can configure dynamic navigation in both Enterprise and WebStorm Setup with no restrictions.
- For all Ideas the System Administrator can perform all available administrative functionality including:
- Within Pipeline Management the System Administrator role can:
- Access complete Pipeline setup for all Pipelines.
- Create or delete Pipelines (including using all Apps)
- Change Pipeline (on idea) to any Pipeline.
- Create, delete, or move Steps
- Create, delete, move, or update Stages
- Delete Ideas
- Configure and Change Steps
- Assign Action Items
- Copy, link and move ideas between Pipelines
- Access the “Manage Step” area for all step tool types.
- Export Reports from Steps and Idea List View.
- Within the Action Items Manager the System Administrator can:
- View, delete, cancel, and reopen action items for all Pipelines.
- The System Administrator will be able to access all Dashboards in Brightidea.
- The System Administrator will be able to access the Enterprise Dashboards, Command Center Dashboards, Business Results Dashboard and any other Dashboard available in Brightidea.
- Learn more about available Dashboard here!
- System Administrators will be able to access the Projects via the Project Tool Type for any Pipeline/WebStorm.
- The System Administrator can access all created Projects on their Brightidea site.
- They will be able to see the Projects list when navigating from a Project step in Pipeline:
- The System Administrator will also be able to view the Project details:
- If you are on Brightidea's Admin-based licensing, each user who is configured as System Administrator on your Brightidea site will count as an admin license towards your Brightidea subscription.
- The Brightidea System 'Sponsor' has the exact same permissions as described above for the System Administrator, they are essentially another System Administrator.