This article provides brief descriptions of each setup options available in Enterprise. System administrators can access the Setup page to enable or disable the available options described below.
- To access the Enterprise Setup page, log in to your Brightidea Site with an administrator account.
- Click on the Setup link that is located in your 'Global Navigation' bar or a link in your dynamic navigation if available.
- The Enterprise Setup Page is divided into nine main tabs: Site, Ideas, Users, Exports, WebStorms, Mobile, Support, Image Library and Authentication.
Table of Contents
- Affiliate Name: Allows you to change the name of your Brightidea Site.
- Domain Names: To set or change your Brightidea site Vanity URL (ex: apple.brightidea.com/enterprise), please make the appropriate changes here.
- Allow you to enable or disable Global Navigation for all Enterprise and the applicable Challenge/WebStorm(s).
- Administrators can also configure the Masthead, Background and Logo.
- Here administrators can configure Dynamic Navigation among the top navigation bar.
- User Network: Users can invite other users to their "network".
- Once in a network, each user can see others in the same network via the My Network widget.
- Private Messaging: Private Messaging allows users to send messages to each other directly.
- Contact Email: This is the email address that will be used as the 'from' address on all Enterprise generated emails.
- Also, the email address indicated will be displayed at the bottom of most Enterprise pages as the 'Contact Address' for your site.
- Contact Name: This is the name associated with the contact email. This is only used with certain dynamic email fields.
- Enable Email this page: The Email this Page option allows you to email hyperlink of any page in to another user.
- Enable Date Formatting: To accommodate other formats of time and dates in your WebStorm, please be aware of the feature to change your DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Time Zone: This option allows the administrator to configure the timezone for their Brightidea site.
- Time Format: Administrators can set their time to a 24 hour or 12 hour clock.
- Advanced Email Options:
- Enable Daily Mail Digest Queue & Weekly Mail Digest Queue: They can select a Daily or Weekly Email Digest that will show all their activity in WebStorm or Enterprise.
- NOTE: This enables the OPTION for users to choose, it does not force them to follow this regimen.
- Allow users to Post to Blog: When this option is selected end user will be able to make posts to the Enterprise blog.
- Enable Frame Encapsulation Security: Prevents the system from being put in an I-Frame. Click here to learn more.
- Enable Simultaneous Login Security: Restricts multiple users from logging in with the same user account at the same time. Click here to learn more.
- Session Timeout: Allows the administrator to override the default session settings and specify a timeout period for additional security.
- Enable Strong Password rules: Requires users to select a strong password.
- Expire email invitation within: Allows the administrator to specify a time after which email invitations to the WebStorm expire.
- Disable Self Registration: This option disables self registration for end users. Click here to learn more.
- Restrict self registration by email domain: For internal corporate campaigns, it is often useful to restrict registration and participation to those users with a company email account.
- Enterprise Terms and Conditions: When selected the WebStorm terms and conditions will reflect the same ones at the Enterprise level
- Banner: The banner is the area at the top of the screen. There are three ways to add content to the banner area: Hide WebStorm Banner, Image or custom HTML.
- Footer HTML: By using some basic HTML code, the footer can be customized and designed as needed.
- Custom CSS: This allows adding custom CSS to fully design and customize your Enterprise level site and any applicable WebStorm inheriting Enterprise CSS.
- Here email templates can be configured for the WebStorm. Please see this article to dig deeper into setting up the individual system email templates.
- Administrators can configure and send out a newsletter to selected users. Click here to learn more about the newsletter.
- Edit Labels: This section allows you to edit labels within the software that would otherwise be difficult to reach with standard label edit mode (e.g. registration pop-up box).
- Import/Export WebStorm Labels: Here admins can export the Enterprise Labels spreadsheet. Once the spreadsheet is filled with the appropriate labels they can import the new labels back into the WebStorm.
- Enable Outcome and Projections Tabs for Ideas: This feature adds the Outcomes and Projections tabs to the View Idea 2.0 page.
- Show promote only: This option removes the capability of demoting an idea from the Enterprise level using the old Idea List.
- In your View Ideas list, only “Promote” will be the only voting option.
- Enable Idea Tags Automatic Description: When enabled,this automatically subscribes users to tags that they add to ideas when submitting -OR- any tags users add to an idea when editing an idea.
- Here administrators can configure Enterprise statuses including status name, description, system status and status color.
- Removes all user reputation points for users in the system.
- Administrators can create groups, grant or restrict access to WebStorm users across their Brightidea system. Click here to learn more about groups.
- Administrators can search for users and create new user accounts. Click here to learn more on managing users.
- Here system administrators can configure additional site administrator or remove any existing administrator from administrator access. Click here to learn more.
- Here you will find a list of all Blocked Users on your Brightidea site.
- User profiles fields can be configured in this section. Click here to learn more about setting up profile fields for your site.
- Here administrators can import users into their Brightidea site by downloaded the default template and importing it back.
- Here administrators can import preconfigured groups into their Brightidea system.
- Brightidea offers various reports available via export. Reports are organized by WebStorms, Ideas, Users, Login History, Search History, Tag Followers, and Site-Wide.
- Click here to learn more about all available Enterprise level exports.
- In this tab administrators can Create Webstorms, Manage Webstorms, view WebStorm Feedback template and status, manage WebStorm Requests, and manage Communities.
- In this tab administrators can activate Brightidea's mobile application for their system.
- Once enabled they can modify the design, labels, and mobile link.
- Click here to learn more about getting started with Brightidea Mobile.
- Allows the administrator to quickly access the Brightidea Support Portal.
- Please utilize the Support Tab to find articles, guides and submit any tickets to further assist you.
- In the Image Library the administrator can upload images, documents, or media files for use for the Enterprise system.
- In this tab, Single-Sign-On can be configured for their Brightidea Site. Click here to learn more and read our complete SAML SSO documentation.